That’s the hit song that rang in my head when Lilian of Women Only tagged me on a music meme. I know it doesn’t fit into the focus of this blog but still, am doing it because it is kind of fun. And for those readers who do not visit my personal blog, it gives you some insights about me other than my ramblings about health and beauty.
Here’s how this meme works:
- Go to PopCulture site.
- Pick the year you turn 18 years old.
- Get yourself nostalgic over the songs that year.
- Write something about how those songs afffected you.
- Pass it on to five more friends.
So here goes my list in 1984. (Yeah, I’m that old…but *ahem* I’m always told I look younger than my age.)
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
- Like A Virgin by Madonna
- Holiday by Madonna
- Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham!
- What’s Love Got To Do With It by Tina Turner
- Karma Chameleon by Culture Club
- She Bop by Cyndi Lauper
- Let’s Hear It From The Boys by Denise Williams
- I Feel For You by Chaka Khan
- Carribean Queen by Billy Ocean
- It’s My Life by Talk Talk
- Footloose by Kenny Loggins
Notice that I’ve only listed the fast numbers? Well, because when I was 18, I was partying like crazy. I remember those days when we would gatecrash any parties, big or small EVERY weekend. I don’t really like some of these numbers but well, those were what the DJs used to play on the dance floor.
So here I tag:
Okay, I have a problem now. Where should I file this post?
© www.vivawoman.net copyright notice ☺