Hada Labo products coming to Singapore

Finally! If you’ve been following me on my facebook, you would have learnt about this earlier. Yes, Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid (SHA) Moisturising Lotion, the top-selling cult-product in Japan with 1 bottle reported to be sold every 4 seconds, will be launched in Singapore sometime in June, along with the full ranges in moisturising, whitening and exfoliating. I’ve agreed to take the products for a spin so stay tuned for my review!

For now, enjoy your weekend and I’ll leave you with these reads from Total Beauty:
Botox-less anti-aging plan
Guide to silkier hair and softer skin

vivawoman1 Hada Labo products coming to Singapore © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

Here’s my review: http://ateliergal.pixnet.net/blog/post/26072647

I know there are many ladies who have been looking forward to the brand in Singapore. No need to cross the causeway now lol

The products that I’m supposed to review are Hada Labo SHA Wash, Hada Labo SHA Moisturising Lotion and Hada Labo SHA Essence. Not sure if they’ll launch the mask then or later. But if the lotion is so moisturizing, it can double up as a mask using Chizu Saeki’s Lotion Mask method.

2. Raelynn says

when i was watching the commercial, the thing that struck me most was that “wow, she could do that without her skin going red!” mine would have gone red from the first application of pressure. then i was thinking during the end of the commercial, the skin seems to really be sticking to the hands.. is that good for skin in the long run? o.o

Hmm…interesting question. Not sure really. But if it’s not sticky sticky, then I don’t have an issue with that. I don’t like products that make my skin sticky.

Your face will go red with slight pressure? Surprisingly, I have thin skin but my skin don’t go red too quickly on my face. It’s my neck that reddens easily.

• Raelynn says

common feedback for this product seems to be that it takes a long time to absorb. might have to take as long as the commercial (15 seconds straight of patting it in, which is quite long o.o). yes, my skin goes red even with slight pressure. which is why whenever i apply my skincare products, unless it is supposed to be soothing and calming, my face tends to be quite red after massaging them or patting them in. i could try to reduce the pressure, but it seems like it would take my skin much longer than usual to absorb everything. the only time when i know my skin is not red for sure is if i’m putting anti-oxidant treatment concentrates (it is stll red, just dissipates much quicker) or when i just woke up. hahaha.

im still unsure whether redness of the skin is a result of thin skin, although i do know what i too have thin skin (harsh creams from derm. tsk tsk) . i think i’m the opposite, my neck doesnt redden that easily.

Oh you did some treatments with derms? Ya, some of those treatments will thin out the skin. In this case, you really have to use gentle ones. Perhaps products that help thicken the dermis would be suitable for you…ie those that stimulate collagen. Of course the issue is, whether they can be absorbed.

3. Rinka says

every time i go back to japan i always stock up on these! the popular one is the ‘gokujun’ one, but i also use the whitening ‘shirojun’ as well.

its not designed to make your skin sticky. the expression in japanese is mochi-mochi, which comes from the word for sticky rice or ‘mochi’. basically means your skin is so full of moisture, it feels like sticky rice lol

• Sheryl says

Wow, thanks for explaining the meaning behind the advert!

How much are they retailing in Japan?

Haven’t any idea the retail price in Japan. Maybe the other ladies who have purchased can shed some light here.

I’m looking forward to trying the lotion…am very curious why the hand can stick to the face and yet it doesn’t leave the face sticky.

4. Estranghenya says

I’m completely sold. LOL.

Anyway, I think that kind of dewy look only looks good if you have a perfect skin like hers. I can’t even see a single pore or blemish on her face >< If you have a little bit of blemish, people would think your face is oily rather than moist. :(

5. KTee says

i tried the hydrating lotion. my skin does look hydrated after the lotion is absorbed but it takes ages to pat the lotion in. the 2-3 drops of lotion is more than enough to cover the face but it is so time consuming..i now only use it when i have the time. sign..

Okay, will bear this in mind. Do you reckon it’s suitable to be used as a lotion mask using cotton pads? Leave on the skin for 3 mins?

• KTee says

Have not thought of that..i think the lotion needs to be ‘patted in’ for it to be absorbed into the skin. If you leave it on, i am not sure if the lotion would be absorbed. However, if it is workable, do tell as i would be interested to try your method ie: sort of like a hydrating mask.

I think I saw it in ad ad…need to check it up again to be sure. If it works, I’ll like to use this as a hydrating mask.

6. Ana says

OMG! I LOVE HADA LABO!!!!

Lol, I live in France and I’m using Hadalabo! I love their AHA/BHA line. Le cleanser killed my adult acne!

I’ve never tried the hyaluronic lotion tho. I’m planning to try it. The commercial is so “fresh”^^

Oh that’s great! Glad it worked well for you. I’m very keen to try the hyaluronic lotion. Very interesting isn’t it?

I’d used Hada Labo since it was brought in to Malaysia by Guardian. So far , I’m really satisfied with this product as it doesnt irritate my sensitive skin ( and I’ve thin skin which the vein on my cheek is obvious ) I used the “gokujyun ” range plus the “tamagohada ” range of cleanser at night . Surprisingly, my skin have no adverse reaction though I use the “tamagohada ” cleanser with AHA + BHA every night. I hope Guardian Malaysia will bring it other skin care range from Hada Labo such as eye cream and sun care. Rinka , is there any such product range from Hada Labo in Japan ?

So it works well for your sensitive skin…that’s good to know! I’ll be a little hesistant with AHA + BHA products. Hope the cleanser they’re going to send me doesn’t have this.

• says

Hi sesame , why do you hesistant about product with AHA + BHA ? Anything -ve about this 2 ingredients ?

btw, a question not related to this post, hope to read you post about skin care good for sagging neck. Thanks

Well, cos I have thin skin and I try to avoid ingredients can aggravate it. They’re good for exfoliation and I did use them before in some creams, but I try not to use them long term. Also, must apply sunscreen when using these two ingredients.

I’ve posted something about neck firming here:

• nicole says

but malaysia one is made in china, while the one in singapore is “original” made in japan :) ..

• says

wow …thats good . How nice to get HADA LABO item originated from Japan . You’re so lucky to get from country of origin.

• says

Hi Pamela,

Is there 2 categories of HADA LABO product in Singapore ? cos I jz saw from the label of my HADA LABO Moisturizing Lotion that sell in Malaysia is Made in China as said by you and as per the label but I also saw that Singapore also import HADA LABO product which is Made in China . That means Singapore has “original ” HADA LABO product which is from Japan as well as Made in China . Can you let me know where in Singapore you get this “original ” HADA LABO PRODUCT ? Think of asking friends in Singapore to get this ” original ” HADA LABO product from Japan.

Here is the picture of what I noticed :

One thing to note though is that it might not be suitable for those with oily skins. Intense moisturizers can make you produce a bit more oil than usual. I’ve a friend who’s got great skin and she found that it was a little rich as she started getting blocked pores. Guardian in Malaysia brought in a gift pack at around RM30, which has a full-sized AHA cleanser (the Tamago one) and a 30ml bottle of the lotion. Anyone who’s hopping over the causeway may want to give this a try just in case : )

You could be right about the oily skin but it depends if their oiliness is due to a lack of hydration or other reasons. But would be worried about clogged pores…

9. Caramel says

I used their moisturising lotion when I was living in Japan. It was great, and yes you feel your face bounce after application!
    I brought one back for my mum here in Singapore and she did not like it as she felt her face become ‘sticky’ after applying the lotion. I feel it may be due to the humidity level here in Singapore?
    The effect may be best felt in a temperate country, or if you are always in an air-conditioned room.

I see…I’m a bit worried about the stickiness but I’m planning to use this as the lotion mask to hydrate the skin sometimes so they may work.