13 gross ingredients in your beauty products

snail for beauty 13 gross ingredients in your beauty products

Heard of Allantoin? Used it in your skin care products before? Do you know if yours came from plant extracts or from snails? Yes it’s true! Allantoin is also the primary extract of snail’s secretion and it’s purported to help increase your skin’s softness and smoothness and are totally safe. Disgusted? Well, this is less repulsive if you were to compare it with beauty products containing whale vomit or bull semen.

So whether you’re “ick” or fascinated, you should read on to find out other shocking ingredients that are used in some beauty products, as compiled by the folks at Total Beauty.

See ingredients

I use a lot of emu oil on my skin and I don’t find it too gross. But if you ask me to ingest it, that’s a different story altogether.

vivawoman1 13 gross ingredients in your beauty products © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

1. Ana says

I’m using a cream containing snails secretion and that pretty good. It makes the skin ultra smooth and take care of the dark spots. lol

Oh that’s interesting to know! I like the sound of smooth of removing dark spots. Hmm…I am not disgusted by the idea so maybe I should try to look out for such products.

2. Yul says

Thanks for the tips! I know this is totally unrelated to the article, but could you recommend some oils as moisturizers for acne-prone-sensitive skin? I tried the grapeeed oil, ever since I saw it on your blog. But, I would love to know any other options. Thank you in advance. :)

Grapeseed oil, evening primrose oil, seabuckthorn oil, and emu oil are those that I love. I used them when I was having acne issues and my acne didn’t get worse. In fact, the oil I use now has a combination of these. I tend to avoid rose hip oil as it can be quite rich for certain skin types. Don’t like jojoba oil too cos it’s greasy for my skin but it’s always added to the other oils.

3. fwy says

This entry has nothing to do with your topic. My friend recommended this site for natural & organic products read-ups.

I had a quick look…looks like a web store to me. Will go through it again when I have the time. Thanks for the link.