How the mini USB fan keeps my nails cool & dry

usb fan to dry nails How the mini USB fan keeps my nails cool & dry

Do you own one of these mini USB fans? I love them and I think whoever introduced them is ingenious because they don’t need to be plugged to a power socket. Instead, they’re powered by the USB port of your computer, laptops or even PS3 game machines. I bought two of these from Home-Fix a couple of months ago and I have one sitting permanently on my desk, keeping me cool while I’m working on the computer. Then the other day, I was painting my nails and I realized that these mini fans can help to dry the nails! Why didn’t I think of that earlier?

The good thing about these fans is that they are rotatable and so you can leave your hand on the desk and adjust the fan accordingly. I suppose a quick dry top coat does a better job of drying the nails but if you don’t own that and you have some time, the mini fan can work well too. I mean, it is quite a fun idea isn’t it?

usb fan for pedicure How the mini USB fan keeps my nails cool & dry

I do more pedicures than manicures so these little fans work to dry the polish on the toes while I’m on the PS3 game machine punching and kicking some nutcase. And lookie, I can plug two fans and dry my nails at the same time! How’s that for being fast and furious, and yet keeping my cool?

mini usb fans How the mini USB fan keeps my nails cool & dry

Okay, this isn’t as sophisticated like your salon style UV light nail dryer but well, this is home-fix standard – I did say that’s where I got it from. And they’re way cheaper too; I got the two fans for S$15!

vivawoman1 How the mini USB fan keeps my nails cool & dry © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

It’s the Bogota Blackberry. No, I’m no gamer but I play Street Fighter once a while to release stress. It’s a nice feeling to KO sometimes!

1. Yira says

OMG!!!! I need that fan. Here in Puerto Rico is very hot(97F and above). When I work in the computer I sweat like a pig. I’m not kidding. If sitting in front of my computer I sweat like a pig you don’t want to know how I sweat when I’m cleaning the house. Maybe like a buffalo or a bigger animal. I’am taking two baths daily because I can’t deal with this weather. Thank you for this post, I really needed it.

97F is high! We’re about 90F and that’s hot to me. It’ll be good if you can get hold of these mini fans. It’s not as strong as the big fans of course but it certainly helps to diffuse some of the heat.

haha, I have been wanting to get usb gadgets… but my computer table is just too small. crowded with all my notes and books and pens.

I love your toenail colour!

3. kiwi says

isn’t that the shrek colour??!!

This is ttly out of point, but I think you are awesome for owning a ps3. XD

Yeah, it’s “Who the Shrek Are You?” from OPI.

The PS3 is more like the property of my husband and my son though. I will only play on it once in a while. :grin:

Wow Sesame! Brilliant idea!

I have mini usb fan too, however it’s much much smaller then yours, but i think it will also work great in drying my polish. Oh, and i can now dry my polish while i’m working in front of my computer, great!

And why didn’t I think of that earlier? :)

Victoria

Mini fans are multipurpose…very useful! Originally, I wanted to use it to blow at my computer cos it was getting a bit hot. But there’s no need now cos it’s been installed with an additional internal fan now.

Not that strong but you do feel it. On days when it’s not too warm, it’s good enough for me.