Project BB: a makeover with BB cream & BB pact

BB Cream BB Pact Project BB: a makeover with BB cream & BB pact

I’m seriously considering purchasing the Ecobeau BB Cream Plus in full size even though I’m not so keen on the ingredients because I really like how it makes me look – all fresh and dewy! Okay, the last time I reviewed the product with two other readers but I did not dwell too much about this product. So under today’s Project BB, I’ll show you my transformation using this BB cream along with the Skin79 Oriental Smooth Sun BB Pact. Ready? Here goes!

Usually, I’m just a foundation powder kind of girl. No makeup base, no liquid foundation and no concealer. I really dislike loading my skin with too much makeup products and so my blemishes are always visible. I have to admit that a layer of liquid foundation does improve my skin tone but somehow, those I’ve tried don’t last too well under our humid weather. When I was introduced to this Ecobeau BB Cream Plus, I was initially taken aback the ashy grey tone upon the first application. However, surprisingly, it blends well and was perfect for my skin tone.

Before After BB Cream Project BB: a makeover with BB cream & BB pact

The first picture you see here is me without the BB cream but just a light layer of powdered foundation without any concealer. My skin tone isn’t too flattering and I almost look like I don’t have any makeup on. The second picture is when I’ve applied a thin layer of the Ecobeau BB Cream Plus. It doesn’t conceal all my blemishes fully but my skin tone looks a lot better right? I use this on my entire face for special occasions. Of course, to conceal those glaring blemishes, I’ll use a concealer to do the job.

makeover Project BB: a makeover with BB cream & BB pact

I found that the Skin79 Oriental Smooth Sun BB Pact that I reviewed recently works perfectly with the Ecobeau BB Cream Plus. I just have to puff some of the powder on lightly and I’m good to go away for a good period of time without my face streaking with oil.

BB Makeover Project BB: a makeover with BB cream & BB pact

Do you like this Project BB look? The pictures were taken indoors with flashlight. They do make me look more glowy but it’s not that far from natural lightings. For those interested, Ecobeau BB Cream Plus is available at TheOrangeCo.Com at S$33 and Skin79 Oriental Smooth Sun BB Pact is available at Watsons for S$35.90.

vivawoman1 Project BB: a makeover with BB cream & BB pact © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

1. pf1123 says

I think this combo is really nice. I’m tempted to try the Skin79 Oriental BB Pact. But I have too much powders not used up yet. A little hesitant to buy another one.

Finish your powders before moving on otherwise it’ll be such a waste. This is okay for oil control.

2. Audris says

Yup, that’s a nice difference with a glow indeed :)

I wonder if powder colour correctors might help to correct the “sallow yellow complexions” for foundations. Lavender is often used to counteract that.

I nearly have forgotten about color correctors! Thanks for reminding me cos I used to use a purple one to even out my skin tone and it was good. My current foundation is actually a shade darker for my skin tone but for some reasons, I like it.

• pf1123 says

Do you get your hair largely layered?

Previously, most of the hair salon I went to just did a quick layering of my hair. That didn’t last very long before my hair is out of shape.

But recently, I went to a Master hair stylist at Kimage Prestige. He really put in the effort to cut my hair bit by bit. It has been 6 months for me since my last haircut but still not too bad. In fact, I think it can last a couple months more before my next trip to the salon.

A bit of layering but my hair is thin and limp and so canno grow it too long unless I perm it. But don’t wish to perm it. Kimage is qutie ex right?

You look absolutwly flawlwss and beautyful: I want it too… the only thing about it is that it looks a little bit too light and pink for you but this is just the least detail xx

Thank you Olivia. You’re right about the pinky shade. Actually I sometimes use my current foundation with the BB cream and it tones down the pinky fair shade. I didn’t use it here cos it isn’t part of Project BB. Heheh.

This is a good idea, I always mix products to make a colour correction… I would like to find a very concentrate liquid product that’s yellow or pink to correct the shade of foundations like varama concealer ( that’s maybe too pricy). To lighten my foundations I already use mac pro airbrush foundation that super concentrated.

I need to explore using more of these color correctors. I’ve only tried the purple one and it works pretty well for me. But I used to only use it with my mineral foundation. I should go back and check it out with my powdered foundation now.

5. yay says

U look great. I bought my very first bb cream while I was visiting Asia. I randomly pick one. I can’t even remember the name. Unfortunately I am not seeing them in US :(

Thank you Yay. I think the gals in US get their BB cream supplies mostly online. But Clinique and Bobbi Brown has their own version now. You might want to check those out.

6. anusha says

hi am visiting your site for d first time..you are really glowing..i want to buy these bb creams but i live in india..can you tell me where i can shop it online

Don’t think they have it in India. You can only get these online but I’m not too sure which is good cos I haven’t bought a BB cream online. Maybe you can check the comments on my old post here:

Some have left info on where to get the products – but note that those are from other readers.

Hi: It slipped my mind but you can get BB cream at Ecobeau which I listed in my entry (click through the link). They ship internationally.

I hope it’ll work well for you. Most pple I know who tried love the coverage but some told me they do break out using it. So check your skin type.

7. N. says

After I won the ecobeau samples on your giveaway I really liked it and bought the full version. The normal one was too orange on me so I gave it to my friend who is very tan and stayed with the plus one. The only problem is that it gets too pinky on me so I mix it with my moisturizer or sunscreen.

8. Lisa says

You look glowy! I’m recently into BB craze too after a long break. Used to use BTRC many years back but it was so thick, pasty and creamy that it puts me off using it. Also it is too rich. Recently has been trying out Dr. Wu’s series of BB cream that are available from Watson and i like it. Is not as greasy as the usual lot of BB creams.

Oh I’ve seen Dr Wu’s but I found his products a little ex. I actually have avoided using commercial BB creams because I was wary of the long ingredient list. But the coverage is really good.

Hi! Im glad BB creams work for you, you look great :) Unfortunately for me BB creams just make me break out :( I got free samples of the Maybelline BB cream and Purederm BB cream for review but they didn’t work well for me. My skin fares better with tinted moisturizer or sunblock :(

• zzzmadison says

i have the same problem! so can’t enjoy the benefits of the amazing BB cream, as clearly demonstrated here haha

Kira: Most of them brands load their BB creams with too many ingredients. I guess that gives the excellent coverage but it’ll overload some skin types. I don’t dare to use this every day too.

10. Chanel says

Hey dear ,

Can i ask if i apply face mist when i have make up on , i need to wait for it to be dry before reapply my makeup ? do i need to put on base again ? or just foundation over ?

When you mist your face, always dab dry with a tissue paper so that it doesn’t evaporate and make your skin drier. After that you can reapply your foundation. No need for base if you already have that on.

11. stella says

you look great; unfortunately, bb creams are too much for my oily-combi skin even though i love the coverage; best i can do is a tinted moisturizer

Too rich? The problem with them is that there are too many choices and we’ve got to go through trial and error to find out what works. Good thing this one works for me.

12. chenyze says

aha, you look very sultry and hot with the more tousled hairstyle! you should wear that more often d=

13. Nina says

you look great… I could really see the difference between using bb cream compared to powder

Yup…I wore the powder very light though just to make my skin less oily looking. But yeah, BB cream has got much better coverage.

14. CT says

I am not a BB cream fan, cos its usually too thick. I would love to try BB cream but there are so many different types & band, its confusing. What i am using now is just makeup base and some blusher which i dont have the glowing effect as compared to BB cream.

BB cream does have its advantages if we can chance upon the right one. Coverage is good and so is the glowing effects.

15. Flor says

I have not used BB cream before and thought of giving it a try. Stumbled on your blog and saw the wonders of BB cream did to your skin tone. Went to TheOrange.com you mentioned and ordered Dr. Jart silver BB cream almost immediately. I have combine and sensitive skin and usually breaks out when applying foundations, so it’s only tinted sunblock and loose powder for me. Hopefully BB cream won’t gives me breakout.

I hope Dr Jart will work for you. I haven’t tried it yet. But I had some readers breaking out with Ecobeau even so the mileage really varies.

16. CT says

Hi Seasme, streetdeal is selling the bb cream for $20. Just bought mine but not sure will it be suitable for my dry skin.

Oh okay, will take a look. I saw that Vichy launched a BB cream too…wonder if it’s worthwhile.

17. nyan says

im not sure if its the pic or what but it seems like your face color doesnt match your neck color after the BB cream. im about the same skin tone and when i use bb cream, that happens too. i end up having to use it all on my neck so everything is even

No, not the pic…I think the color do not match. A bit pinkish on my face and I didn’t apply on my neck.

what a transformation! how long did the bb cream stay on your skin before you had to touch up with powder?

i like mixing my bb creams with liquid/cream foundations because bb cream alone makes me look like a ghost. :)
    cat-chan last post is: Bento #43: UST Cutie Tiger bento