web stats

Chinese New Year FOTD and ang pows galore

spring makeup Chinese New Year FOTD and ang pows galore

Hello VivaBellas! How was the break for those of you who celebrated Chinese New Year? I think most of us ate too much. I noticed that my cheeks are much rounder than before! But that’s a good sign for me because I need some fats!

Anyway, my cheongsam outfit received a number of compliments so I think my husband must be the exception. Here is a glimpse of it and I’ll run a more detailed review along with another outfit I wore for the second day in another week or so.

FOTD Chinese New Year FOTD and ang pows galore

Besides wearing something I’ve not tried on before, I also wore blue eye makeup after so many years. Blue was a color I was very fond of probably in the 80s. It’s doesn’t come up too obvious in this picture for I applied with a rather light hand – didn’t want to make my brown eyes blue really. Heh.

ang pow Chinese New Year FOTD and ang pows galore

So were you a giver or receiver of ang pows this Chinese New Year? I was a giver. My son was the receiver.

vivawoman1 Chinese New Year FOTD and ang pows galore © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice
_______________________________________________________

About Sesame Chew

Blogger and founder of Viva Woman, Sesame is a skin care addict who is fond of using natural & organic beauty products. She also enjoys ogling at handmade jewelry & cute stationery.

_______________________________________________________

Comments

1. Receiver! :) I think I recognize that cheongsam ;) I haven’t been able to bring myself to wear one. Perhaps next year. Gong Xi Fa Cai Sesame!

• sesame says:

Same source from HK? ;) I have always wanted to try and since the opportunity was there, must well give it a try. Think you will look good in one.

2. You look prettier with fuller cheeks! :)

3. You look so cute!!~ ^_^ Pink and blue is a really nice combo of colors!

A number of my Asian friends all dressed up and I was so jealous! (I’m not Chinese or anything… V_V )

Happy New Year!

4. What a pretty cheongsam!!! You look lovely…

5. You look so lovely! And I like your nail color as well. I hope you had a blast!

6. I missed wearing Cheong Sam!!! The last time I wore it was for a Choir and I was in college then! you look very pretty and I can’t help but wants ang pao!!!! I am married and old, but what the heck? I still want to receive! hahaha

Gong Xi Fa Cai

• sesame says:

You’ll look very pretty in cheongsam! You’re not old, you’re still young and it’s good to still be able to receive ang pows. :)

7. pf1123 says:

Nice nice! The cheong sum colours matched your skin tone.

I am still receiving ang pows. But fewer these days. haha…

8. A receiver here but I would make an exception to become a giver for my nephews.

9. I had never wore one cheongsam before. I won’t know what to do with it after CNY. Anyway, I was really unlucky when I slipped, fell, bruise and cut my left kneecap due to the heavy downpour last Monday. As usual, my reliable Tea Tree Oil saves the day. After one week of applications, my kneecap is healing pretty well and I can walk normally again. I took the opportunity to rest my leg during the CNY holidays and I was being cautious of what I eat due the wound on my knee so I did not put on any weight at all.

• sesame says:

Haha…same concerns. I guess it can be worn for certain selective events but yeah, not much opportunities so it can be a waste if it’s expensive.

10. I didn’t wear a cheongsam this year. but a Chinese-style jacket from Monica Quen :)

Love your cheongsam. A nice shade of blue, something different from the usual red for the CNY. :)

11. GONG XI FA CAI from our home to yours!

I love cheongsams, they look so elegant, especially when you are tall and slender.

• sesame says:

True…I’m short and that’s why I never dared to venture into cheongsams in the past. :razz:

12. You could have packed on a bright lip color, given your choice of subtle eye shade. That would be perfect.

I didn’t doll myself up on CNY. So unnecessary (long story, not happy).

Gong Xi Fa Cai! *Stretch out hand*

• sesame says:

Don’t think a bright color suit me…still like the pink theme.

Heheh. Give give…received? ;) Let’s meet sometime soon again.

13. You look Gorgeous Sesame:)

14. Audris says:

Pinks and fuller cheeks definitely suit you very well :)

Personally, I love that dove blue-grey colour on the cheongsam, but I’m guessing that probably contributed to your hubby’s remark as it’s a soft, but serious colour.

But whatever lah, so long as you like it!

• sesame says:

Thanks Audris!

Oh my husband is a “fashion critic” and sometimes I can’t really trust his taste.

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by BeautyPassion, sesame. sesame said: Chinese New Year FOTD http://fb.me/OweWMjK1 [...]