web stats

Drinking flower tea for wellness and beauty

Flowers for Tea Drinking flower tea for wellness and beauty

Have you tried eating or drinking flowers? Well, as a kid, my brother and I literally drank the sap of some flowers in my mom’s garden. Don’t ask me why; kids will do the silliest things just for fun. But I can certainly understand why the birds and the bees love the sap – they’re sweet and they smell good! So growing up, I am quite comfortable drinking anything that comes with a floral scent and I certainly didn’t think twice about drinking these.

Actually, when I first bought them, I really only wanted to use them for photography. Yes, the length a beauty blogger will go. But instead, I’ve been making tea out of the flowers and drinking floral tea!

French Rose Tea Drinking flower tea for wellness and beauty

French rose
Oh these French roses are so delicate and pretty. They are high in vitamin C and when made into tea, they are said to be good for detox; helping to eliminate the waste from kidneys, killing the bacterium in the digestive tracts and improving our blood circulation. Rose tea is also a remedy for depression and mood swings and I understand that the crushed rose petals, which are used in rose tea, is able to heal urine infection and bring comfort to menstruation cramps.

French Rose tea Drinking flower tea for wellness and beauty

French rose tea
If you are familiar with the scent of rose, this tea smells and tastes exactly like that. You don’t need to use a lot each time; just about 10 of them steeped in a cup of hot water. Let it steep for maybe 15 minutes or so before drinking.

Myosotis Sylvatica Tea Drinking flower tea for wellness and beauty

Forget Me Not
The official name for this flower is Myosotis Sylvatica but they’re also known as Forget Me Not. Myosotis contains vitamin C and said to be able to nourish skin, prevent the appearance of wrinkles and dark spots. Health wise, this flower can enhance immunity, speed metabolism, and thus said to be effective for slimming purposes too.

Forget me not tea Drinking flower tea for wellness and beauty

Forget Me Not tea
I can’t describe the scent of this flower. It’s not sweet nor floral but comes across more “woody” and ‘grassy”. It is recommended to add honey into this tea but I found it nice on its own.

dried flowers Drinking flower tea for wellness and beauty

Drink with caution
Okay, don’t expect too much improvement overnight just drinking these floral tea. I would imagine that the effects will set in after a period of time and even so, will likely vary with individual. However, I sometimes get quite immediate effect after drinking the French Rose Tea – going straight to the toilet. Although I believe these flower tea will help improve wellness and beauty over a period of time but those with health issues are advised to take these with caution.

vivawoman1 Drinking flower tea for wellness and beauty © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice
_______________________________________________________

About Sesame Chew

Blogger and founder of Viva Woman, Sesame is a skin care addict who is fond of using natural & organic beauty products. She also enjoys ogling at handmade jewelry & cute stationery.

_______________________________________________________

Comments

1. My family and I loves drinking tea and there is one particular that we liked. It’s called green flower tea, which in dry form, it’s round,encasing the flower within and quite a big size. But when immersed in hot boiling water and leaving it for a few mins, it forms to a flower.

It’s really a pretty sight and the kids love it too. It’s quite rare to find, but the taste is great..jasmine + green tea and it helps too, sipping your tea while admiring the pretty sight.

• sesame says:

That sounds like a really interesting tea – I googled for the image online and yeah, it’s very pretty in the water! I certainly haven’t seen it around; I believe this is something I need to get online.

• Some tea shops do sell that tea here but only a few but am sure some shops in S’pore do sell them but at an expensive price. I’ve tasted a few and the best comes from China. Be sure it’s of good quality…sometimes, it’s pretty to look at but taste is so-so.
        Alexandra last post is: My Recent Haul- Garden of Wisdom products!

• sesame says:

True…they also sell rose from China but the quality is not as good as the French rose.

• I’ve seen flowering teas being sold at Target. Maybe I should try it too. Hmmm… it looks delightful to look at and hopefully it also taste delicious.

2. You bought the same brand as my mommy! We had these two flowers as well as others, like chrysanthemum, lily, lavender. I mix and match whatever I like, if I’m going to sleep, I’ll steep lavender and rose with chamomile lipton tea bag. If I want something refreshing I’ll steep lily and chrysanthemum. I feel better when I drink these flower teas and I sleep better too.

• sesame says:

Oh it’s helping you sleep better? That’s really good to know. I’m going to look out for the lavender one. Never thought of drinking lavender. Heheh.

3. Kristen says:

Those are pretty! I didn’t know people drank forget me nots. I started drinking hibiscus tea for its health benefits and have of course, had chrystanthemum. I have never had straight rose tea though, I do have a green tea blend with rose. the taste must be so strong. That story of drinking flower sap when you were younger is so adorable!

• sesame says:

Yes, they are very pretty! I drink quite a bit of chrystanthemum but I have never drank hibiscus tea. I read a bit about that but don’t seem to see it here. Maybe I should look harder…

4. I really love the pictures in this post…I adore flowers! I’ve had hibiscus tea before, but living in Florida, we are loaded with hibiscus trees! I wish I could send you one…lol

Very informative post, Sesame. I really love using flower essences in my beauty treatments as well to reap all the benefits you discussed. One of my favorite products in fact uses rosa mosqueta in it’s hair and face products.
    Robin last post is: Hair Removal the Organic Way

• sesame says:

We have hibiscus here but I’ve never seen the dried equivalent. But sometimes I’m a little blur…they could be in another Chinese name and I don’t know that they’re actually hibiscus. LOL. I shall go and find out soon. :)

5. where to buy the french rose tea?

6. Carrie says:

My mom also used to drink those rose teas you got in the picture, though I think of a different brand. And for her it is very effective for detox, but she’s got a weak stomach so cannot drink that too often or on empty stomach…

• I see…I think it’s best to drink with moderation. I’ve never drank tea on an empty stomach though…it’s usually recommended to drink tea after a meal.

7. I have drank Tulsi and Green tea, but never knew these were available too. How are these preserved/processed? They look dried with the colors still fresh, and are any additives added to them?
    beautymakeupdivas.com last post is: Comment on Madonna’s beauty secrets and tips by Vivian Moreno