Share: do you do anything when you’re using a mask?

face mask Share: do you do anything when youre using a mask?

I’m quite sure most of you use a face mask of some sort every week. Maybe it’s a sheet mask, maybe it’s a clay mask, a cream mask, or a homemade mask that you’ll leave on for as short as 10 minutes to a longer duration of 30 minutes. So I’m very curious as to what do you do during that time: do you just lie down to rest or do you optimize the time and do something more productive?

Well, I’ve been using a face mask very frequently these days and the duration of my masking sessions is usually 20 minutes each time. I always try to optimize that 20 minutes by doing as much as I can – from washing the toilet, doing some household chores to turning on my PC to check my emails. While I like the idea of beautifying myself with a face mask, I don’t like the idea of idling my time away. This is why I much prefer clay mask or cream mask, which allows me to move around freely without fear of the serum or lotion dripping all over from a sheet mask (I do drape a towel over my shoulders to prefer accidents too). And this is also probably why I hardly use eye masks unless the masks are those that stick on to my under eye area and allow me mobility. Except for bedtime, I simply don’t have the luxury of time to just lie down and do nothing these days!

So how about you ladies? What exactly do you do when you have a face mask on? Or is it a time you choose to just lie down and relax? Come one now, share with me…I said I’m curious. (~_^)

vivawoman1 Share: do you do anything when youre using a mask? © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

I don’t do masks anymore (or rarely recently) ’cause I can’t stand not moving about. And even when I wear clay masks, I tend to move my face a lot which makes the mask crack and I think that’s not good because it freezes my lines in place.
    EcoBeauty last post is: Back to Zero: What happens when I abandon my healthy diet and supplements?

• Sesame says

Aiyoh why do you want to move your face? I can tolerate being expressionless for that 20 minutes or so. :razz:

Yes, clay masks are much more convenient. I’ll usually be catching up on Youtube videos and sitting in front of the fan if I’m doing a clay or peeloff mask. I’ll catch a nap if I’m using a wet sheet mask. :)
    vivavoomz last post is: New Hauls: Kate eyeshadows + Canmake Blush and Lip Concealer

3. stella says

i use a sheet mask every night monday through thursday during a work week and by the time i get to it, it’s time to catch the local news in mandarin, so i mask and keep up with chinese at the same time :)

usually, i use sheet masks from the face shop as they do not drip and are light enough to use everyday (vs. SKII types for instance); i buy them in bulk from korea, as they’re much cheaper. i reckon i may use those tablet masks with suitable japanese lotions/toners when i can’t get access to those face shop masks from korea anymore…they really do keep my skin in tip-top condition after stressful work days, without taxing them out with just too much stuff loaded in the sheets. after masking, i apply my usual skincare

• Sesame says

I remember the SKII ones…very very wet! I needed a towel on my bed just so that when I lie down, the bed won’t get wet. Kind of messy and that’s why I hardly use sheet masks these days…in fact, almost never.

I stay in front of the computer in order to avoid dripping on the sheets. It also makes me more likely to take the mask off in time as I tend to fall asleep when I’m on the bed.
    Cara last post is: Surfing the Rustan’s the Beauty Source

Masking time is sleeping time! I leave all my masks on, be it sheet masks or gel hydration mask. That’s simply the best way to make use of time and squeeze the mask dry! A lot of my masks are still well-soaked with essence even after 6 hours of me sleeping in an air-con room.
    Jyoan last post is: Battle of the Eyelash Curlers: Shisedo Maquillage Edge Fre Eyelash Curler

• Sesame says

Wow, so you’re one of those who sleep with your mask on! I don’t think mine can stay intact on my face after 6 hours though.

I am not a regular mask user but I avoid those dripping kinds. I surf the internet and catch up on my blog reading meanwhile or read books.

on a side note, our society is so geared towards never idling and always being productive and we are made to feel guilty about not doing anything. Isn’t sitting and doing nothing for sometime good for us?
    sos last post is: The Bus Journey

• Sesame says

I don’t feel guilty about idling…I actually wish I have time to idle but I don’t. And the reason why I need to keep myself busy is just so I can head to bed earlier. :razz:

7. Mee says

I ALWAYS do something when I have a mask on, whether it is a clay mask, sheet mask, or whatnot… I also can’t stand doing nothing, I mean you can treat your skin and so some useful work at the same time, you should take that advantage^^ But clay mask crumble when they dry on the skin, so I am careful when using my laptop, because I don’t want my kayboard to be full of little clay crumbles…

8. Sara says

I always do something when I put on mask; normally something related to grooming i.e waxing and painting nails. Its like a home spa session. I even turn on slow new age/nature music. Very relaxing.

• Sesame says

Oh a home spa session is nice…I like the idea of the music and it will be nice with some aromatherapy. ;)

9. zhenling says

I’m using a sheet mask as i type this! haha.
    I use my clay mask while im in the shower because the steam keeps it moist. I happen to dislike the sensation of clay drying on my skin.

• Sesame says

I don’t mind the drying part but I’ve realized it’s not a good idea to leave the clay mask on till it’s too dry. There were times I had breakouts when that happens.

I’m typing this comment with yoghurt on my face, which should answer your question. :D
    Usually I just read something (online or offline) or maybe watch TV, although I hate it when the mask dries and I have to wait for a commercial break to go wash it off.
    Julia last post is: Teenage Dream Last Friday Night

11. N. says

I don’t have any masks whith me. Because I cant buy decent ones anywhere. And DIY or clay masks dont agree with my skin. But Id lay down. Or go on PC
    Or be taking a bath – having a spa session. Or watching a movie.

• Sesame says

I see…I suppose it’s cos your skin is quite sensitive and the DIY and clay masks tend to contain active ingredients.

Because I have to wear glasses, I can’t do anything with a mask on – glasses have to come off. :( Once I get contacts again, I’ll probably just surf the web or watch a video or two to pass the time. :D Clay masks are my fave, and I use pre-moistened ones too.
    Jean last post is: How I’m Preparing for the Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend!

I use a homemade natural clay mask, and I put it on the first thing I enter the shower, so that my face and hands are completely dry. After I put on my mask, I will go about my normal shower routine – Shampoo, rinse, conditioner (clip up hair), soap, wash off conditioner and soap.. basically I wash off my mask last. By that time, I would have spent a good half hour in the bathroom and the steam keeps it nice and moist. Love it.
    Kookith last post is: Happy 4th Anniversary, Phyrra!

• Sesame says

How do you shampoo with your mask on? That’s an amazing feat! I would have the shampoo on my face or the water on my face…

Hello! I’m wearing a sheet mask right now and came across this website haha! When I’m wearing a sheet mask [or any mask], I listen to some music, think about my life, and think about how pretty I want my face to be. I also think I’m doing something pretty for myself as I care for my body. And obviously, I surf the web about the benefits of wearing such!