One of the key reasons I’m uncomfortable with using chemical sunscreens is because studies at all levels have proven that chemical sunscreens penetrate the skin, get into the bloodstream and are harmful to the body. As a matter of fact, a widely-used sunscreen ingredient called Oxybenzone, also known as Benzophenone-3, has been linked to allergies, hormone disruption, and cell damage with a new study recently published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to back it up.
These are from my recent Mexoryl-based sunscreen loot:
- Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50+ Face Cream For Reactive Skin
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Fluide Extreme For Face
- La-Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Lait Veloute Face & Body Lotion
In my earlier entry about Mexoryl-based sunscreens for maximum protection, I mentioned I wanted to get one or two to try out but eventually, I went out to buy three of them. They were all below S$40 and La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL 50+ Fluide Extreme in particular was even going for under S$20 with a special promotion. So it was really hard to resist.
Here’s this week’s splendid reads for beauty, fashion and shopping:
- Aging Fabulous tells you about a lip enhancer and moisturizer that really works.
- Petite Fashionista has a $100 Gift Card to Lands’ End to Give Away enter today!
- Beauty Bento Box invites readers to discuss RevaleSkin and CoffeeBerry.
- Style Manila tries on Vintage Silk for a change.
- Tops 2 Bottoms has a new ruffled dress, lace top, and a desert scarf, all from Irene’s Closet!
Ruffle dresses. Ruffle tops. Ruffle skirts. They fun, they’re frilly and they’re in! But not everyone look good in ruffles. I know I can’t handle them on my body. So for ladies like us, what options do we have with ruffles? Ruffle bags! They’re hip too! Then again, not all ruffle bags look good. Some are downright ugly. Here, I found three that I thought are rather pretty and the best part is, they’re affordable. (No need for Be & D Kan Kan ruffled bags!)