TGIF and let’s have a discussion today on beauty and brain!
Do you know which part of your brain makes your beauty decision?Â Is it your right brain that is focused on aesthetics andÂ emotionsÂ or is it your left brain that is focused on logics and facts?Â Â Let’s see…
My left brain tells me:
– I like what I see in the ingredient list!
– TheÂ scientific studies backing up the claimsÂ look good!
– The affordable price point is attractive.
-Â The product is not fanciful but it’s functional.
– I’m not sure I want to try something I’ve not heard of.
– The promotion is attractive but I don’t need the extras.
My right brain tells me:
-Â The testimonies I read about the product sound good.
– I like the celebrity endorsement!
– I must buy because the product packaging is soÂ pretty!
– Have to get it because it’s said to be a miracle product!
– I don’t need it but this isÂ the latestÂ so I must have it!
– Oooh the promotion is simply irresistible!
But I just can’t decide
Typically, while oneÂ side of your brain maybe more dominant, most decisions are really madeÂ usingÂ our whole brain.Â Â But, there are probably many a times when you struggled with a decision because your left brain is in conflict with your right brain?Â Â So this is probably whyÂ youÂ visit a store, stand in front of the counter for half an hour poring over every single item in the range butÂ still walked out of the store empty handed because “I JUST CAN’T MAKE UP MY MIND!”
Well, mine certainly do and during those times, my brainÂ runs amok.Â I’m more of a right brain person butÂ I’ll share with you my current left brain right brain struggle on the topic of beauty.
My left brain and right brain struggle
Although I’ve been saying that I prefer to use sunscreens of natural formulations, but I’m also struggling with the fact that they may not offer the best sun protection for my thin skin.Â Rationally, with the state of my skin, I should follow my left brain’s call toÂ go for those European chemical sunscreens with high PPD.Â Yet, emotionally, I just can’t bring myself to do that on a daily basis because it’llÂ betray my right brain’sÂ desire of going all natural and organic!Â So my left brain is fighting with my right brain constantly although my right brainÂ won in this case.
What’s yours like?
So tell me, are you more right or left brain?Â Are your right brain and left brain working in harmony when it comes to making your beauty decision?Â Do they fight often?Â And what do they fight about most recently?