Beauty Fun: excuse me lady, are you a walking carrot?

Hey, move over apples and pears! It’s time to bring on the carrots! And we’re talking about life-size carrots in the form of women, literally speaking. Why? Because a certain Dr Class Ingram said so in his book “The Body Shape Diet”, in which he described women with long and thin bodies as carrots. Apparently, a woman who fits the description of the orange vegetable comes with a pouch below her belly button, a receding chin, and a narrow and pointy head. She also can be recognized by her fine, straight hair and her index fingers, which are longer than her ring fingers. And she is definitely unlike her apple counterparts with their roundish figure, squared heads, or her pear peers who are narrow at the top and large at the bottom with enormous buttocks.

Sounds insulting yeah? Well, don’t take it literally and you’ll feel fine. I thought it’s kind of fun to take a look at these new body shapes in the form of fruits and vegetable from this cute graphic taken from visual.ly. Well, more variety than just the hourglass if you ask me.

Have you found anything that fits the description of your body shape? A butternut squash? A pear? An apple? An aubergine? A broccolli? Or a carrot? I’ll say I fall close to the looking like a pear. Minus the ENORMOUS buttock!

© www.vivawoman.net copyright notice
_______________________________________________________

About

Blog editor of Viva Woman, Sesame is a skin care addict who is fond of using natural & organic beauty products. She also enjoys ogling at handmade jewelry & cute stationery.

_______________________________________________________

Comments

1. EcoBeauty says:

This is a really fun infographic! But how come there’s no string bean? That’s my vegetable counterpart! :D
    EcoBeauty last post is: Dry Brush your Cellulites and Toxins Away!

2. Jyoan says:

This is good! I am definitely a pear. My waist is about 8 inches smaller than my bust, but 10 inches smaller than my hips. My hips are always 2 inches wider. haha.
    Jyoan last post is: Sephora Singapore (Haul) – Laura Mercier, Smashbox, Stila, M.A.C, Chanel

3. Lee Ying says:

Carrot I think!

4. Nika says:

Amusing graphic!
    I think I am an apple.

5. Leila says:

I laughed so much at the first picture; it’s so funny! Did Bugs Bunny just refuse a giant carrot?!

I’ve heard of apples and pears, but the others are all new to me. Another fruit I occasionally hear of is banana (instead of carrot), but this is new, I like the idea.

I’m not sure where the Dr got their information from, but the index finger to ring finger ratio is something that is determined by sex, not body shape. Men’s ring fingers are shorter than their index fingers, but women’s index fingers tend to be longer than their ring fingers, or at least the same length. Some of the other descriptions are very generic too, that I don’t know how they fit to the body shape.

Anyway, I love this infographic. It’s so cute and amusing!

• Sesame says:

So glad you enjoyed the picture and the infographic. I thought it’s super cute! ^^

Oh thanks for pointing out about the index finger to ring finger ratio. I’ve come across what you just stated to. Hmm…not sure where he got the info but I didn’t quite like how he described us though.

6. Swati says:

wow…this was fun!!! gotta get my measuring tape :D
    Swati last post is: My Top 5 Home Remedies this Summer {DIY}

7. Jasmine says:

Definitely a carrot but not that leggy!

8. Amanda says:

Interesting! But I don’t like being classified as some kind of vegetable…
    Amanda last post is: Review: Marie Veronique Organics Anti-Aging Body Oil

9. N says:

Butternut Squash! =)

10. Buki says:

Hi Sesame,

I would like to use this picture on a slide I want to share at a women’s program at my church with permission and it’s totally a non-profit thing, is there an email address I can write to?

1. [...] Posted by SanaxRadiance I thought this was cute I'm a butternut squash! lol A visual guide on women's different body shapes (YouTube.com/user/CuriousCannibal) Sent from my iPod touch using CurlyNikki App  [...]