We cannot live without water and we also know how important water is when it comes to our health and skin. Today, let me share with you 16 quick tips on how to use water effectively for beauty inside out.
Water in cleansing
1. Lukewarm water is best for washing the face as it will remove sebum.
2. Cold water is not ideal to wash the face as it may cause broken capillaries.
3. Cold water can be used as a final rinse for the face to reduce any swelling.
4. Cold water can be used to rinse the hair to moderate sebum production.
5. Cold water can increase circulation throughout the body in bathing.
6. Tap water has the tendency to strip away oils that seal in moisture.
Bottom line: Lukewarm, tepid water is ideal for washing the face but cold water is good as a final rinse for the face and hair and great for bathing if one can take to the temperature. Note that excessive contact with water can dehydrate the skin.
Water in skin care products
7. Water keeps our skin hydrated.
8. Water is the most common ingredient used in cosmetic formulations.
9. Water cannot penetrate the skin as our skin is waterproof.
10.Water cannot penetrate oil.
11.Water in skincare products attract bacteria.
Bottom line: Skin care products containing water should have some form of preservatives. Applying moisturizer over damp skin helps to lock in the moisture and a water-based lotion should be used under an oil-based product.
Water in health
12.Water prevents dehydration.
13.Water carries nutrients and oxygen to every cell in your body.
14. Water fllushes out unwanted toxins.
15.Water improves circulation and blood flow.
16. Water helps provide a pH balance to the body.
Bottom line: Drink sufficient water to keep your body and your skin well hydrated. It will also help your body maintain a healthy state through appropriate detoxification.
If you have other beauty tips concerning water, please add on in the comments section.
© www.vivawoman.net copyright notice 🙂