DIY Beauty: soothe-me-calm-me lavender hair rinse

DIY Lavender Hair Rinse DIY Beauty: soothe me calm me lavender hair rinse

Remember my rosemary hair tonic rinse? Well, I wanted to try another new tonic but because I couldn’t get hold of the ingredient, I decided to try using my dried lavender buds as a hair rinse. I read that lavender can help promote hair growth for those who lose their hair due to alopecia areata but I really wasn’t trying to grow more hair with this hair rinse. I simply wanted to enjoy the lavender aroma when I washed my hair in the evenings. (^-^)

Easy peasy recipe
Those who love the scent of lavender are going to love this. I wasn’t a big fan of lavender but I’m increasingly learning to appreciate the soothing scent. Now this recipe is really easy to make. All you need is a pot, hot boiling water and dried lavender.

Lavender Tea Rinse DIY Beauty: soothe me calm me lavender hair rinse

Brew it like tea
I made my lavender hair rinse using my special pot for brewing tea. I just threw a handful of dried lavender buds in, poured hot boiled water and let the lavender buds sit in there till the water cooled. Nothing complicated at all…if you can make tea, you can definitely make this!

Use as a final rinse
After shampooing and conditioning my hair, I rinsed my hair last with this lavender hair rinse and that’s it! It’s great when used in the evening near bedtime because the scent is very calming and soothing.

Lavender Tea DIY Beauty: soothe me calm me lavender hair rinse

Other beauty recipes using lavender
I haven’t tried the lavender hair rinse long enough to notice any hair growth. But if it does that for me, I’m more than happy to continue using this recipe. Anyway, for those interested to know, I got my supply of dried lavender buds from Hock Hua and the can only cost me $2.50. Really cheap! You can also read about my other beauty recipes using dried lavender buds here:
talc-free lavender dusting powder
mood-lifting lavender tea foot soak

vivawoman1 DIY Beauty: soothe me calm me lavender hair rinse © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

1. Kay says

My mum used to buy all sorts of dried flowers to brew tea with, but I also use them to scent my DIY dry shampoo. Lavender flowers have the strongest smell and it’s very enjoying whenever I use the dried shampoo. I think it’s time for me to use them as hair tonic do I won’t waste the leftover tea.

2. Chelsey says

Do you know about the No ‘Poo shampoo method? There is no chemical involve! It use just baking soda and ACV. I have being trying this method for a few weeks and my hair had more volume now and healthier!

• Sesame says

Yes, I’ve been reading about it but have no guts to attempt it. My hair gets extremely oil after a daily of not washing and if I were to attempt this, it would have to be a period when I’m totally isolated at home.

Would love to try this recipe! I hope it helps soothe my dandruff problem. Gotta drag Hubby to accompany me to Hock Hua during the weekend.
    EcoBeauty last post is: Review: Jane Iredale CircleDelete Concealer… Can it really ‘Delete’ panda eyes?

• Sesame says

It might…anyway no harm giving it a try. But I think using the essential oil will be more effective.

4. kaithlin93 says

always excited to see ur posts…very interesting..u have helped me alot..thx sesame…my family always think tt im weird for nt buying commercial product n making my own organic facial stuff..lols..

5. kaithlin93 says

anw, is it alright if i use DIY facial mask everyday? im kinda obsess with it n i want a fast result as DIY facial stuff tends to give a slower result….

• Sesame says

Depends on the ingredients. I used to use yogurt daily and it was fine. But need to protect with sunscreen. Don’t use lemon or anything that is potentially irritating daily.

6. Cassie says

Really loved your website providing lots of information on beauty regime and DIYs… Thank you for sharing….