Review: Organic Surge Body & Hand Lotion

organic surge body hand lotion Review: Organic Surge Body & Hand Lotion

Finally, I’m ready to review the Organic Surge Orange Blossom Hand Lotion and the Organic Surge Tropical Bergamot Body Lotion. I’ve been dragging my feet over this and sitting on them for months!

Organic Surge Orange Blossom Hand Lotion (~S$15+)
This hand lotion is unlike most of the others I’ve tried. Although it is thick, it is non-greasy on contact. In fact, it feels more like a humectant based lotion to me although the ingredients indicate inclusion of emollients. Perhaps it’s the orange blossom in the hand lotion that is said to tone and tighten which accounts for why my hands don’t feel very moisturized but neither do they feel dry. So while it isn’t as nourishing as I prefer it to be, I continue to use it on a daily basis in the daytime because my hands still feel pretty comfortable under normal room temperature.

Organic Surge Tropical Bergamot Body Lotion (~S$18+)
I started out liking this product quite a lot because it’s great for daytime usage due to its lightweight non-greasy texture. I could apply sunscreen over this lotion without having my skin feel too overwhelmed. However, midway while using this, I started noticing that my arms grew a few small pimple-like bums. I’m not sure if it’s due to this lotion but it was at the same time I learnt of Dimethicone which is really a silicone that can coat the skin and trap everything under it and the Organic Surge Tropical Bergamot Body Lotion contains this. And because of that, I’ve since stopped using this body lotion.

Summary
Both the Organic Surge Orange Blossom Hand Lotion and the Organic Surge Tropical Bergamot Body Lotion are positioned as natural products without chemical overload. Although I wouldn’t refute this, but precisely because of the unique positioning, I was disappointed that the body lotion contains Dimethicone. And as you probably can tell, I’m not too hot about them and will not be buying them even though they both smell delicious and are pretty affordable.

* Prices listed are an estimation. I have forgotten the exact price after so long!

vivawoman1 Review: Organic Surge Body & Hand Lotion © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice
______________________________________________________________

Comments

  1. says

    Thanks for reviewing these. My mum loves organic products (food, skin care products etc) and she’s doing a good job influencing me to use them. I think i might like the Orange Blossom hand lotion cos’ I adore non-greasy lotions. The other one sounds bad!

    Lydia: Well, I don’t like it because I have an issue with the ingredient since this is a natural/organic line. But to be fair, the quality of the product is okay. Anyway if you do try the hand lotion, I hope you’ll like it.

  2. Angie says

    I tried and still don’t quite like the Organic Surge lotion, cos its marketed as organic and natural but it does contain a lot of chemicals, but just not the harmful ones.

    Angie: I hear you cos that’s how I feel too.

  3. says

    I’ve just been googling for the ingredients in these products and haven’t had much luck. Everywhere I find keeps mentioning them as being 90% natural, but I’m concerned about what is in the remaining 10%.

    I’m really glad I found your review. I avoid products containing dimethicone, so the body lotion is a no-go for me. It also doesn’t sound like the hand lotion is great either – I think I’ll pass on that too.

    Thanks for helping me make an informed decision. :)

    Becky: I’ve stopped using the body lotion too.

  4. Twinkle says

    Hi!

    I recently saw Organic Surge’s range of soaps at Guardian, but not sure how much it costs?

    Twinkle: I didn’t see them so no idea on the cost.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

CommentLuv