web stats

Not quite wet & wild at Sands SkyPark Infinity Pool

LOTD Not quite wet & wild at Sands SkyPark Infinity Pool
Yeah, so I was being modest. How else can I explain that instead of splashing around, I was fully attired at Marina Bay Sands’ SkyPark Infinity Pool, the world’s longest elevated swimming pool at 200 meter in the sky? But I wasn’t at some mean pool party, and I certainly didn’t have Katy Perry to inspire me to be in some pale-pink bikini. HA. And actually, this is the first time I’m wearing my blouse all tucked in after so many years!

Sands SkyPark Not quite wet & wild at Sands SkyPark Infinity Pool

The pool was tempting all right but I just couldn’t swim with my body full of rashes. TOO BAD. So the best I did was to enjoy the spectacular panorama, dip my legs in the pool, while waiting for my boys to finish their swim there. It rained a bit before we arrived so the poolside seats were all dripping wet. The air was chilly and the water felt a bit cold too.

Sands SkyPark Infinity Pool Not quite wet & wild at Sands SkyPark Infinity Pool

For those who don’t know, the 150-meter Infinity Pool is located at the boat-shaped SkyPark perched atop the three soaring Marina Bay Sands Hotel. The SkyPark measures 12,400 square meters, has space big enough to fit three football fields and is described as “stretching longer than the Eiffel tower laid down or four and a half A380 Jumbo Jets.” It is definitely one of the largest of its kind in the world in a hotel that is said to be the world’s most expensive.

Sands SkyPark The Infinity  Not quite wet & wild at Sands SkyPark Infinity Pool

While the SkyPark is open to the public via ticket sales, the use of the pool is only available to hotel guests. We were there at the invitation of my husband’s biz friend, who was staying there. Even though I couldn’t swim in the pool, it was quite an experience just taking in the view.

The boys in The Infinity Pool Not quite wet & wild at Sands SkyPark Infinity Pool

The boy was so thrilled and didn’t appear afraid to venture into the pool even though he thought he would fall off the edge. It does look like it’s leading to a waterfall doesn’t it?

A view from The Infinity Pool Not quite wet & wild at Sands SkyPark Infinity Pool

I’m not one who is fascinated by views of an urban city. So if you ask me, I’ll tell you that I wouldn’t pay S$20 to visit the SkyPark, especially since it doesn’t come with access to the swimming pool. Visitors can only view part of the pool from the deck, which means there is no chance to venture nearer to even dip their toes in the cold water.

vivawoman1 Not quite wet & wild at Sands SkyPark Infinity Pool © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice
_______________________________________________________

About Sesame Chew

Blogger and founder of Viva Woman, Sesame is a skin care addict who is fond of using natural & organic beauty products. She also enjoys ogling at handmade jewelry & cute stationery.

_______________________________________________________

Comments

1. gosh its so beautiful.

• sesame says:

Yes it is…it was cloudy that day but I imagine it would have been more spectacular if the sky was brighter.

2. It’s a pity you didn’t wear a bikini or a one-piece. :)

I heard the SkyPark has loads of restrictions, I wouldn’t pay that amount just to see a view of “construction.”

• sesame says:

Haha…a body suit would have been better cos I’ll probably frightened everyone off the pool with my rashes. :razz:

I’m not so sure about restrictions but they do checks and stop pple from entering the pool area. Anyway, the restaurant isn’t ready even.

Maybe it would be romantic to go up with a love one during the evenings, provided there are no crowds. But as it is, there is always a horde.

3. Amazing place to be!!! Wow! And finally we see a photo of you :))

• sesame says:

I do post pictures from time to time…just that I’ll try to put on shades when I can. Heh.

4. That pool is scary. Not only it looks like its the ocean but it looks like it going to fall.

• sesame says:

Yes, it’s scary looking isn’t it? I had the same thoughts too. But there is a wall at the other end and even if one were to fall out of it, there is a catchment area.

I didn’t think about it being an ocean but now that you’ve mentioned it, yeah…the color of the floor is dark so it does look like an ocean and not so much of a pool.

5. Actually I’m more excited about the 2012 Garden Festival that’s gonna be held at the Sky park. The pool looks good too. I would love to do my laps there :)

• sesame says:

I don’t know anything about that. But I expect it should be quite beautiful. I wonder which section they’ve going to host the festival though.

6. chenyze says:

i think i would pay 20 to go to the sky park, but not now. theres just too much construction going on!

i’d still love to stay one night as a guest though. were you there until the evening? my friends’ pictures taken at night at the infinity pool were just breath-taking!

• sesame says:

My hub talked about staying at the hotel too but apart from the SkyPark, I don’t like MBS. I feel rather negative about the entire place. It feels like a crossroad of some sort. And I wonder when the construction will stop…

No, we didn’t stay till the evening. I expect it would be beautiful.

7. pf1123 says:

Cool! Your outfit looks fab.

Btw, on the Name, Mail section of the comments area (right on top of the comments box), often times, other people’s name and email appear. I find that weird. Is it a bug that can be fixed?

Not sure if it happens for everybody coz I’m sure some people might not like their mail to be known for fear of receiving spam.

• sesame says:

Thanks for the compliment. :)

I have no idea about the name and email appearing. It shouldn’t, unless it is a public sharing computer where others have keyed in their information in the same system.

You’re right that those should not appear; I need to do some investigation.

• pf1123 says:

Nope, on the several occassions I saw it on my screen, its on my home or office comp. Different names and emails appear at different times.

Thanks for checking that out!

• Yes, I’ve been seeing readers’ names and emails appearing on the comments boxes too.

• sesame says:

Oh dear…I made a search and can’t seem to find out what’s happening. I’ll check my admin panel and see if there’s anything there. Thanks for letting me know.

8. wow thats incredible, nice views too! but what is stopping you from falling over the edge of the pool?

• sesame says:

It’s actually a pool so there’s a wall. Just that they’ve designed it such that it doesn’t look like a normal pool and yes, it looks like you can fall over.

9. Wow, that looks cool. Will definitely need to try that out sometime soon. Like your outfit too btw

Thank you. :)

Yes, do try to get a dip in the pool when you get the chance. The view from the pool is quite lovely.

10. WOW! Amazing view! BTW I like your pendant!

• sesame says:

Thank you. I got it the pendant from Tine who sells her jewelry at:

11. Hey sesame,

You looking super gracious and elegant man !!! ….
    Love your photos..

12. CUTE boys!

13. Hey.. I have not ‘visited’ you for a long time..

And.. you are showing your face.. hehe.. which in fact is nice.

Btw, not sure why I never get news update from you via Facebook. I thought I’ll try checking out, and saw this post.

Nice pool really, and like the way you dress. :)

• sesame says:

Thank you ZM! I still read your blog from my news reader but I don’t comment anymore.

Try to visit the SkyPark the next time you drop by Singapore with the girls.

14. Norahs says:

Just came across your blog while researching whether I should stay at MBS or not. You mentioned your husband’s best fd invited your family to the infinity pool, do hotel guests get to invite people to swim there? I am wondering if I could invite some of my Singporean friends there if I stay there.

• Sesame says:

Well, unless they’ve changed, yes, hotel guests can bring in people but I’m not sure if there’s a limit.