Share: do you provide special care to your neck?

GOW Bio Active Neck Firming Serum Share: do you provide special care to your neck?

So I’ve been using this GoW Bio-Active Neck Firming Serum purchased through Garden of Wisdom via a spree for two weeks or so now. I know it’s a bit premature to give a full review but going by the comments I read on the forum, others are seeing results in a week and so I think it’s okay that I say something about it now.

Ingredients to tighten and firm
This is a serum incorporating good stuff like Matrixyl 3000, Kigelia Extract, Panthenol DL, Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, Niacinimide, and L-Carnosine, amongst others to promote smoother, tighter skin and elasticity. Honestly, other than the stinging, tingling sensation that suggests that this serum is doing something whenever I apply, I haven’t seen any difference yet. The serum doesn’t leave a greasy or sticky residue but it smells quite horrible and reminds me of some Chinese alcoholic medicine. However, I should add that while the smell was quite unbearable initially, I’ve gotten use to it now and the good thing is, it doesn’t linger after the initial application.

Massages and exercises
I’ve never really paid much attention to my neck until these two years because I was told that it doesn’t look good enough. I used to just apply normal facial moisturizer on the area but well, they yielded just normal results. At one stage when I was going for regular facials at True Beauty, Susan gave my neck extra care and massage and so the region improved by leaps and bounds. However, I’ve been less diligent and only go for facials once in two months now so the area hasn’t been receiving sufficient love. Plus, I’ve been preoccupied with other important priorities and have forgotten to kiss the ceiling to firm up my neck. As such, my neck hasn’t been looking its best. I also kept thinking that it will perhaps look better if I fatten up. Heh.

I’m not sure if the neck firming serum will give me better results later but I’m keen to hear from you all. Do you provide special care to your neck? What do you do and are there products you use that are effective? Do share with us!

vivawoman1 Share: do you provide special care to your neck? © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

1. Hanns says

wow, i tried the neck yoga exercise and it works! it relaxes my face muscles too! thanks for sharing the video =) oh, i do apply moisturizer and sunblock on my neck area.at night, when i apply serum to my face, i also apply it on my neck.but i think it’s not enough.it also bothers me how my skin tone on my neck is different from my face lol =D

Yup, it took a couple of facials for them to adjust the skin tone close to my face but I think now, it has deterioriated again.

i’ve always been worried about the Young-Face-Old-Neck Syndrome, so i’ve been applying scrubs/moisturizers/masks on my neck. Whatever goes on my face, goes to my neck as well.

But the one product that really impressed me was when I used the moisturizer from The Organic Pharmacy. It provided an all-day protection for my neck & kept it really moisturized, the results were fabulous, got rid of all the fine lines & weird little goose-bumps! but it was just too expensive to repurchase. =\

Wow, I would love to try The Organic Pharmacy but like you said, it’s so ex! I have the problems of those weird little goose bumps you mentioned on my neck too!

• says

what are those weird little goose bumps anyway? so unsightly. well, now I just apply a drop of rosehip oil to my neck & it maintains well.

I do wear sunscreen on the neck and exposed part of chest then at night, I do apply oil on it diligently but I forget to do the exercises to but I know that they help a lot…hopefully this post would make me start on that again coz there are too many deep lines forming on my neck…

Haha…I can emphatize with the “too busy with other things”. The face care already take up a lot of time.

4. Rinka says

i have some ecszma on my neck so on top of my regular skincare (lotion, moisturiser), sometimes ill apply a little bit of nivea cream to my neck to prevent dryness :D

Actually, my neck region gets red easily. I don’t know why. It’s not eczema but definitely sensitive. I used a lotion with hydraulic acid one stage and I grew one or two nasty stuff that I still cannot get rid of.

5. Audris says

I never used to put anything on my neck until the last 2 years, when I switched my facial pdts to serums. They feel light enough to be used on the neck, so that’s how I started. Serums and sunscreen or moisturiser with SPF. The skin’s softer than pre-care, but I’m not sure if there’s any lift or lessening in wrinkles. I’ve had deep neck lines since young, so I doubt anything can get rid of them. Not too fussed about them as well.

I think if one works out or does sports regularly, the neck would get some exercise out of all the movement, so that probably helps as well in toning.

Hmm…interesting. I never thought that exercise would help in toning the neck. I should get my momentum back. I’ve been slacking and have not exercised for a long time!

6. Amanda says

I never applied anything on my neck until recently when I started to spot the traces of aging.

So I applied coconut oil on my neck before I go to sleep. And whenever I do home remedy, I make sure to apply some on my neck. These steps are enough for me because the lines on my neck are not quite obvious. I hope it would do good for me in the long-haul.

Coconut oil is good to smoothen the skin but I wonder if it’ll do any good for my neck. It’s pretty oily right? I’ve never used it alone.