Fashionably comfortable with dressy shorts

While I’m not so keen on mini skirts, I’m perfectly fine with wearing shorts. In fact, I used to go out in them before I lost too much weight. That was two years ago. Now, I only use them at home because those in my closet are so loose and ill fitting, and I don’t want to be seen in them anywhere. So I’ve been looking for some smart dressy shorts but can’t seem to find anything yet to suit my fancy. Some of the designs are decent but they’re way too short for my modesty. I know hot pants and boy shorts are in, but they’re certainly not my cup of tea.

Anyway, shorts don’t just go with tees. You can get pretty dressy with shorts if you combine with fashionable tops and accessories, like these few Korean fashion inspirations from Compagna and Yetts. Some of them look pretty hot! (Or maybe it’s the model!)

So are shorts your kind of thing? And what do you wear them with? I haven’t been looking hard enough and need some help here – where would you recommend me to get dressy shorts in Singapore with a decent price tag?

© www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

1. Hazel says

Hi Sesame (“,)
    I did an entry on how i dress up in shorts here:

thought i’d share the link with u instead of describing what i wear the with. I love wearing shorts, and you’re right that we can get dressy in shorts too :p

Dressy shorts look so effortlessly cool. I feel a little self conscious though since I’m not such a slim girl :p

Like you, I also prefer dressy shorts to mini skirts. And I prefer shorts that covers down to mid-thigh at least…something like culottes.

4. JacquiA says

I love shorts and wear them only at home….because I would not want to shock the general public with my thunder thighs!!!

5. pf1123 says

I can’t wear shorts except at home. My knees and thighs are HUGE.

I will wear 3/4 pants which cover until the knees.

I can’t picture huge thighs on you really…

I never really like 3/4 pants but started wearing one lately. It’s convenient but I don’t quite like the look on me – I don’t look good in pants.

6. SMILEMD says

I PERSONALLY WOULD LIKE TO WEAR SHORTS AND DRESS IT UP,BUT I’VE GAINED WEIGHT IM A SIZE 12 WITH HUGE THIGHS….

YOU THINK I COULD STILL WEAR THEM – N LOOK GOOD :).

7. pao says

Hi, I noticed that you lost much weight? as you do that? I am with more than 10 kilos and want to lose quickly, you could tell me how did you lose weight? please

At one stage, I ate quite a bit of pineapples and also drank green tea every day. I noticed I lost weight thereafter. But it could also be hormonal.