Viva Challenge: tone up your butt and thighs

butt Viva Challenge: tone up your butt and thighs

Okay ladies, I need a lot of motivation here and maybe some community spirit is going to get me going. I need to tone up my buttocks, which are way too flabby! I had meant to do the frog squats but never really got round to it. They’re the easiest but yeah, blame it on my lazy arse. Anyway, I found this touch and go squatting exercise using a chair and I thought it looks easier.

But those who have tried squatting exercises know they aren’t the easiest. It takes some persistence. Another seemingly easier exercise to firm up the butt and tone up the thighs is to swing one of your legs up from the back towards your buttocks while standing. Do about 20 and repeat the same for the other leg. I saw this demo by Dee Hsu on one of her programs and it looked really easy but again, I could never moved my butt to do it.

So would you take up this challenge to help inspire me? I really need some positive encouragements to get squatting.

vivawoman1 Viva Challenge: tone up your butt and thighs © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

It gets really easy by the day! =) The thing about squats is that you have to go down to 90 degrees, and without someone to look at me, I used my computer chair and table as gauge initially. Now I do it in front of a mirror without aid, because I still feel the need to check posture. Keep at it for 2 weeks, exercises normally yield a bit of results by then. Then you will be motivated to go for 1 month etc. =)

I tried going down all the way like the 2nd set she did in the video but boy, it’s tiring! I agree with your about exercises – must keep at it. It took me awhile to rebound for 1/2 hour daily. Geez…I hope I can get started on this one and keep at it! Thanks for the inspiration!

2. pf1123 says

What works for me is to sign up a gym membership. Hahaha…spend money and definately will wanna go to make it worth while. :)

That worked for me initially but not after awhile so I was happy that the membership expired.

I quit my job and have been staying at home a lot lately. And yes, I have put on some weight….. I am going to try this exercise and get back into my jeans!

Hi Sesame,

I make it a point to do at least 3 sets of 30 squats daily. For me, it does not have to be done at one go. I try to do 1 set, when i’m waiting for my laptop to start up, waiting for the water to boil or during commercials. This method is by no means considered a form of exercise, but it does tone up the thighs and bum :p works like a maintenance thing.

Check out another form of exercise – Tabata when u’re online. It may look easy, but it’s a really mean workout.

Tabata bottom to bottom squat

I lost a lot of my pregnancy weight doing squats, crunches, star jumps using the Tabata method. Maybe u can incorporate into your viva challenge.

I’ll be thinking of you when i do my squats!!

• says

on second thoughts, i think u mentioned that u’re slim enough… so a full tabata workout may not be ideal. (“,)

I like the idea of doing while waiting! I must get started on this one first before I can check out anything else. If Tabata is challenging, I’ll most probably not want to do it.

Squats are great for toning your upper legs! You will gain muscle, while losing fat. Who doesn’t want that? And I just love to feel the burn in my thighs, but I guess that’s just me :)

i go to gym just to exercise… i recently notice on my thigh i somehow get stretch mark… yike! i’m thinking because of exercise.. it just starting to develop…

Ohh, I need to start getting fit too! I gained muscle while playing soccer in school, but now that I’m out, I’ve gotten lazy. I need to firm everything up! Good luck Sesame!

8. N. says

I’m so so lazy. But I need to loose weight and I guess I better start squatting!
    You can do it ;)

Yes, I think so. I’m very inspired after reading all your comments. I love that other ladies are already doing these squats and benefiting from them. I want to model after them! :grin:

9. stiffedneck says

I just started doing yoga, and some of the poses are so challenging. I decided to try yoga because I need some form of excersize, yet I’m too lazy to work out. And I’m glad I did. Some day it’s more about relaxation and breathing, some day it’s more about strengthening and balance. So maybe I guess you can look up for some poses on youtube that’re easy enough to do?

10. Marianne says

You can do it girl…and just think about the Huge satisfaction you’re going to have admiring your nice buttocks and legs afterwards :-). I do them as part of my exercise routine. You may want ot check beachbody.com they have all kinds of great exercise tapes. Also if 30 min is too tiring, start with 10min and then progress as you get more comfortable with it. Good luck :).

Thanks Marianne! I will check out the site your mentioned. I’m all hyped up to start this exercise routine from tomorrow! :)

This post is right on time for me! I’ve just started exercising to get back into shape, and I need simple things I can do here and there while I’m at work. Thank you!

12. Argie says

Squats are comfortable rather than other workouts. It is less muscle aches! Thanks for your blog. It help me to add some routines in my list. I’m working it out to lose some weight.
    Argie last post is: stretch marks on thighs

• Sesame says

Oh I find squats tedious too. :razz: But glad some of these info are helping you with your routines. :)