Sebaceous cysts can grow on vagina too

2513331455 669f321d2d o Sebaceous cysts can grow on vagina too

Oh gosh.  I just made a revelation while researching on the topic of sebaceous cysts treatment.  The small yellowish dome-shaped lump or bump that grew on my vagina area when I was a teen was actually a sebaceous cyst!  I never got to find out what it was though I’ve long gotten rid of it.  I only found out because I wanted to write about this as my husband just had a 1 cm sebaceous cyst removed from the left side of his face near his ear via excision biopsis.

What are sebaceous cysts?
According to the medical encyclopedia, a sebaceous cyst, also known as epidermal cyst is a closed sac of cells created under the skin into which a protein called keratin is secreted. These cysts are often the result of swollen hair follicles or skin trauma and are formed when the release of sebum, a medium-thick fluid produced by sebaceous glands in the skin, is blocked. They are harmless, painless, slow-growing small bumps or lumps that move freely under the skin.  And sebaceous cysts are usually found on the face, neck and trunk, but can occur anywhere on the body and even in the vaginal area or other parts of the genitalia of both women and men. In addition, acne could be a precursor to the growth of these sebaceous cysts.

Diagnose your sebaceous cyst as early as possible
Actually, the sebaceous cyst on my husband’s face must have been growing for about ten years because I remember squeezing at it like a pimple and being intrigued that there is always a supply of the stringy, cheesy, foul-smelling material oozing from it.  Over the years, it grew to a sizeable lump and he was so irritated by the look of it that he decided to have it surgically removed earlier this week.   I’m writing this because even though it’s benign, I realized that it is important to diagnose a sebaceous cyst in the early stage so that you can at least try to prevent it from permanently blocking the sebaceous gland and subsequently growing larger and then having to remove it surgically, which would inevitably mean leaving a scar!

Ways to possibly prevent sebaceous cysts
According to info from the University of Iillinois Medical Center, besides hormones, sebaceous cysts could be caused by increased production of sebum and even bacteria.  Hence, it is important to wash your face at least twice daily, avoid greasy makeup products and opt for cosmetics which will not clog pores.  Also avoid unnecessary exposure to the sun, excessive heat or greasy surroundings.   In addition, I believe a diet that doesn’t encourage the excessive production of sebum may help too.

Ways to treat and remove sebaceous cysts
While these cysts may occasionally become infected and form painful abscesses, sebaceous cysts usually don’t require medical attention as they can either disappear on their own or stay the same size without causing any problems. Those who are keen to prevent it from getting worst or possibly get rid of it may wish to try some of these home remedies which I’ve come across.

One is essential oils which have been said to be able to help detoxify the skin and possibly help with the sebum secretion because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties (source).  Another home treatment recommended is to press a hot, damp wash cloth against the cyst over a period of time to try to liquify and drain the waxy sebum. You’ll also find that there are some products claiming to help with the cure of these sebaceous cysts though I have no idea how well they work.

However, if the cysts become infected or grow to a bothersome size, health care providers can remove them or prescribe treatment with steroids or antibiotics.

How I removed my sebaceous cysts on my vaginal area
Oh, and how did I remove that sebaceous cyst on my vaginal area many years ago?  Nope, I didn’t see any doctor because I was too shy about it.  I remember applying some oilment on it for some weeks and I kept trying to squeeze it out everyday for a very long while.  Then one day, I must have used enough might and it just popped out!  It was painful alright but I was so glad I got rid of it.  In fact, I have forgotten all about it until now.

* Okay, I know I’m using a rather irrelevant picture here but no way am I’m going to put up a picture of sebaceous cysts.  You can do a search on it online but let me warn you, some of those pictures are awfully gruesome!

iherb Sebaceous cysts can grow on vagina too

vivawoman1 Sebaceous cysts can grow on vagina too © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

1. Ness says

Hi I’m new to this but anyway… I had a lump down there too btw no insurance… I left it alone. Put hot compresses then finally it felt like it needed to be popped and once I touched it, it finally bursted. I put triple antibiotic ointment because I read that somewhere and put a bandage over it. The swelling has gone down and is not tender anymore. My question is though if the puss accidently touches anywhere else is it possible to spread??? I got in the tub and washed right after it bursted to clean I just wondered if it could spread or did I do the right thing and washed right away?? I just wanna know if it’s ok since y’all had it drain after hot baths and compresses?????

Don’t think it would spread like this cos it’s internal within the skin. You definitely need to wash it anyhow…

2. Ness says

Oh I do definitely otherwise… This is the first time I ever had that… Either way it’s gotten a lot better should I keep a bandage on it or would it be okay just to leave it off and continue to put triple antibiotic ointment on it? Or what would you suggest?

I think you don’t have to put a bandage. You sort of want to keep it dry too so that it can heal quicker.

It might for short term but it’ll go away eventually. If the antibiotic is what the doc prescribed, then just use it as instructed.

3. Ness says

No I didn’t go to the doc I just did it myself I didn’t have to try really hard it sorta did itself… It’s doin a hell of a lot better now I’m glad… What’s a good way to prevent them?? And the best way to shave down there without getting ingrown hairs??

4. Amanda says

After spending last weekend at my parents’ house I noticed that my labia burned a little, but I figured it was because I had used different soap than I was used to. Over the last few days it started itching but still hurt when it rubbed against anything. I hadn’t really messed with it until just a little while ago but I just realized that there is a pea-sized lump under the skin. I’m almost certain it is a cyst after all that I just read because it fits the descriptions perfectly. I am just about to start menstruating and wonder if there’s any correlation between the PMS hormone change and the cyst.

5. Amanda says

I sterilized a needle last night and popped the cyst myself because I couldn’t stand the pain any longer. I found a small purple bruise-like spot on it that had no feeling so I was able to pierce the cyst with no added pain to me. It feels worlds better today. I’m so glad it’s gone!

6. Stef says

Can you catch cyst from sex? i have one down below and was wondering if my boyfriend can catch it? well worried. thanks.

7. Katie says

I am 28 and for awhile now I have been getting really itchy under my arms, especially after I shave. And sometimes I will feel a slight whelp. Finally I had had enough tonight. So I went to the mirror and squeezed. And I stood there for 5-10 min doin this and each time a long stringy white mess would keep coming out. Now it doesn’t smell. Most of the time it smelled like deoderent and once like B.O. So how am I to know if this is a cyst? Or clogged pore from deoderent? I do have cycts. One gangley cyst on my wrist and one that is very painful on my tail bone that comes usually around my mensus.

8. Lindsay says

I’m so glad I found this forum… I was worried I had an STD even though it didn’t look like herpes or HPV type bumps. My doctor just confirmed my sebaceous glands are flared up, but I don’t know how to get rid of it because I have 2 that rub against each other directly near my vaginal opening. The area is really sensitive and it’s not due to ingrown hairs, so I’m thinking I should probably just leave it alone and do a couple heat compresses. Anyways, thanks for bringing up this issue because it helps to know that this is a really common thing, and these aren’t really things you normally discuss with your friends!

9. Lindsay says

p.s. Does anybody have any information as to how diet/nutrition play into sebaceous cysts, or whether or not they are irritated by yeast overgrowth? Thanks

10. vanna says

Well I have what this sounds like BUT when i mash it it hurts really bad and swells and nothing ever comes out. do you think it’s the same thing?

11. Maria-Lee says

Hi, I’m 23 and I have had these for what feels like an eternity now. Recently though, I have gotten a new partner and we have sex quite a lot. Before this I wasn’t too concerned about them as I’d only get one occasionally – sometimes I would squeeze and mess with it to make them go away – other times I’d leave them alone.

Right now I have 3! They have all just appeared in the last few days one after the other. (maybe the sex have aggravated them?) Two of them are on the skin either side of my clitoris and the other is right above it. One of them is recurring but the other two are new ones. My partner has noticed, I didn’t explain cos I’m far too embarrassed! lol ..I think he just thinks they are just big spots as I guess that is what they look like.

I’m going to make an appointment with the doctor today and see what he/she says… I’m not too bothered about having them surgically removed as a scar would be far better than these disgusting things, I hate them! Thankfully I have just started my period so sex wont be an issue for a little while :) Going to try the hot compress thing so hopefully it will help.

No idea how many I have because they appear and re-appear sometimes on the skin in my inner thigh at the top.

Not sure whether the best thing is to ask for removal or take anti-biotics – because if I have them removed each time I get one I’ll be covered in scars! What do you think?

These ques and answers have really helped me undedstand my cysts on my back it has been there for about a year and would never pop then it got alittle tender i squezed it and all this white smelly stuff came out…i washed it and put alcohol and antibotic ointment on it ..thanks

13. Tara says

I’ve had what i’m think are cysts for the past couple of years. i seem to get a few at a time, but i’m never completely clear of them. should i be worried about this?
    i was worried that they may be herpes, even though i’m still a virgin, but i’ve had cold sores on my mouth since i was a child, and was worried that it might have spread, but after reading this i’m almost convinced they are cysts.

do they ever go away? i’m too embarrassed to go to a gyn or doctor about them. i always pop them, and it hurts, but more always come back. theyre so annoying.

14. Elizabeth says

I am 20 years old and just started getting bumps in my vaginal area. Worried, I made an appointment to see my GYN. During my check up there was no mention of the bump. I was too embarrassed to bring it up, so I just let it be for awhile. Then one day while I was using the restroom at Chick-Fil-A, it popped! There was blood, puss, and tears. I was horrified. Terrified, I told my boyfriend, who confided in me that he had something similar on his thigh. Now I know that it was just a sabaceous cyst. I just wanted to thank you for putting my mind at ease. This page was very helpful. =]

15. jess says

I have a sebacious cyst. my g-ma had one and my mom had about 12 she has them removed by a doc and has currently been squeezing them. i have two one on my forehead directly in the middle where my hair line stops. i recently went to the beach and got burned. my cyst also got burned and it has started to get smallier. im so happy, bt it does have a deep scab on it. i am deciding if i should pick the scab because it seems really deep and i could maybe squeeze the cyst out without poping it. I also think the sun’s rays may help the cyst also I will try burning the one on top of my head in the sun. if u have any sugg. plz let me know thankz,jess

16. helen says

Today I have discovered what i believe to be a sebaceous cyst around my genital area but i have never had one before so i am not sure. It is so painful and is red and inflamed. It is abou the size of a pea and had a white spot in the middle of it, much like a whitehead you get on your face.
    Does this sound like a sebaceous cyst? I don’t know what to do about it as if it is infected won’t it just get worse if i leave it?

17. Kim says

I’m 39 and have had many cysts since I was a teenager. I’ve had them on my head, under my armpits, genital area, ovaries and cleavage area. No one knows what the cause is or how to prevent them. I recently (yesterday) had an infected sebaceous cyst lanced and it turned out to be 6 cysts clumped together. I was wondering if diet played any part of getting them?

18. Kim says

The best advice from my dermatologist is not to aggravate the cysts by continually squeezing them. If they are infected you need to seek medical attention.

I agree with your derm. But as to your earlier comment wondering about the connection between cyst and diet, I can’t say for certain. The thought however is logical, as what we eat do get manifested in some of the skin blemishes we suffer.

19. Rhae says

I have found 2 bumps in the vicinity of my vagina. I thought maybe it was herpes, but they never seem to be that painful, herpes is always described as blisters that crust etc, this has never happened. One time, I had one pop it was filled with blood and white liquid and just this morning one popped and was filled with a tiny bit of mucus. I find it it a little painful but mostly itchy and irritated, I have been using vagisil to sooth it and it seems to help.
    I was always too ashamed to go to the doctor to ask about this, Im glad to know that it could be something small(er) like this.
    I seem to get them maybe everything couple months… they usually go away when I keep my genital area very clean.
    I was just wondering if this could be cysts?

20. Jean says

Had a cyst on my back that started out the size of a pin head. over a couple of years got to the size of a pea or maybe bigger. One day, it started hurting and got very red. Went to the doctor and they removed it. Well, a couple of years later it came back. The same symptoms, doesn’t bother you for a long time and then, boom, hurts like crazy. Wen’t back to the doctor, prescriped antibiotics for 1 wk. and was told if it wasn’t better he would have to remove. I discovered from someone a home remedy that worked better than the first time the doctor removed it. Kind of gross but..sterilize a glass with a small opening (I used a Snapple bottle, boil water, set the bottle in the water, take the bottle while using a cloth so not to burn your hands, place over the cyst. This causes a vaccuum and the stuff comes out like crazy! Kind of hurts but feels good to get rid of it! Now I have one in the genital area, at least I hope this is what it is and I’m not sure how to get rid of it. Not as easy as one on the back. Any suggestions?

21. Frank says

I’m 17 and have had one of these cysts on my penis for a while. Tonight, I was searching the web for some info on how to get rid of it, because I’m incredibly self conscious of this cyst on my thing… I had a girlfriend a little while back, and she didn’t care about it, but my own self consciousness made me uncomfortable with the whole situation. So anyway, as I was saying, I discovered this page tonight, and after reading about how you were able to get rid of the cyst by squeezing it until it popped, I decided to give it a try, as it has been growing (growing both larger and more uncomfortable) recently. So anyway, I held it near my lamp to heat it up (in an attempt to melt the sebum) before giving it an all out squeeze. I was in pain when, finally, the cyst gave way, and the sebum oozed out, so I cleaned it off with toilet paper and then put some rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab and cleaned off the entire area carefully. Then I put some neo sporin on my penis and tried to get a bandaid to stay on (with little success). On close inspection it seemed like there was still a little hard white spot under the skin, however, even when piercing the skin in that spot I wasn’t able to get it out, making me thing that maybe the white spot is an illusion created by all the extra skin from where the cyst was. Anyway, I’m really really really hoping it’s going to heal up normal and cyst free, but somehow I get the feeling things aren’t going to be that simple… But I’m hoping for the best. At the very least I hope it doesn’t get infected…

22. Lisa says

Oh thank goodness…I’m not alone. I am certain that a sebeceous cyst is what has caused me physical and mental agony over the past few weeks.

I’ve been doing the hot compress…and it helps with the pain. I want rid of it NOW. I will try the bottle vacuum.

23. Sara says

Ugh well last night i spotted one down under. Im only 14 and im really scared. I don’t want to tell my mother about it, causing her to worry. And i definetly don’t want to tell my doctor about it, except fot the fact that i have an apoointment in like 2 weeks, just a check up.
    Well i was thinking about popping it in a few days if it gets better, but what if i get an infection? It’s in an odd place so i can’t really see it too well. And i also HATE pain so surgery is definetly a no-no for me.

I have a sebaceous cyst a little bigger that a walnut near my vaginal opening. My doctor said he would surgically remove it since it was deep. He wants to use anesthesia. Is that necessary?When a doctor removes it like that, are there stitches and how long before you can sit and go back to work? I’m nervous.

25. Tara says

Actually, the people who have posted about cysts near their vaginal area most likely have molluscum contagiosum.

Molluscum Contagiosum is extremely common. You can read more about how to treat MOLLUSCUM CONTAGIOSUM here:

A. Materials Needed

1. Isoprophy 91% (Alcohol)
    2. Providone-Iodine 10% (Betadine)
    3. Tea Tree Oil
    4. Apple Cider Vinegar
    5. Disposable Medical Gloves
    6. Paper Towels
    7. Any Body Wash with Salicylic Acid 2%

B. Before Your Morning Shower

1. Put gloves on
    2. Rub Isprophyl 91% on and around areas affected with MC.
    3. Find “zits” and squeeze them with your thumbs. Get all the “wax” out and ensure it does not touch your skin. If you are bleeding freely, you got it all.
    4. Stick your fingers under a running tap and wash the “wax” down the drain.
    5. Blot the open sore with a paper towel soaked in Betadine.
    6. Repeat steps 3 through 5 until you have popped all “zits”.
    7. Get in the shower and keep your gloves on.

C. During your Shower

1. Wash the affected area with Salicylic Acid 2%
    2. After washing, wash your hands with separate soap to keep things sterile.
    3. Clean the rest of your body.

D. After your Shower

1. Use a towel to dry parts of your body without MC. Ensure the towel does not touch your MC areas.
    2. Use paper towels to gently dry your MC areas.
    3. Blot your sores with a paper towel soaked in Betadine.
    4. Do the same with Tea Tree Oil.
    5. Do it once more with Apple Cider Vinegar.
    6. Dispose of the paper towels and your gloves.
    7. Put on fresh underwear.

E. During your Day

1. Up your intake of dairy products and vitamin C.
    2. Lower your intake of alcohol and chocolate.

F. Before Bed

1. Blot your sores with a paper towel soaked in Betadine.
    2. Do the same with Tea Tree Oil.
    3. Do it once more with Apple Cider Vinegar.
    4. Put your underwear back on and get some sleep.

26. Sarah says

I have had this white, hard lump “down there” for quite some time now. I have tried numerous things to get rid of it (squeezing, needles, warm compresses) but nothing seems to help. It feels like it is too far under the skin or something. Any other suggestions on how to get rid of it myself?

27. betty says

hi im a 16 year old girl i found a whitw bump that sounds like what your talking about in my vagina area im worried. im a virgin and never been involved in sexual activity but i have a boyfriend and im scared t tell my mom because she doesnt trust me. im scared to pop it and im not sure its even a sebaceius cyst what should i do?

If you don’t want to pop it, try using hot compress as suggested by some of the people who commented here.

28. Ana says

hi, thanks so much for posting this. I’m very scared because I’ve had one of these on my labia for the past 7 months or so (I’m only 13 by the way) and I can’t get rid of it! A few days ago I wanted to mention it to my doctor but I was too shy. I think it’s too deep to remove, but today I got very close only it kept bleeding and a tiny amount of keratin came out.

Sorry I’m sharing too much info I guess/: I’m a little concerned though because I’m afraid of cancer and I don’t know what to do. Please help? /:

29. Alicia says

hi i hope im not to late to ask but i think this is what i have. i just found it today. i felt it while i was wiping after i went to the bathroom and it hurt. im still not sure what it is. i also have not started my period yet, im still a virgin and everything..

30. Nancy says

I am 33 and have been getting sebaceous cysts in my vaginal area for about 12 years. Mine get very large (about the size of an apricot)and are painful. They also itch and are very warm to the touch. My GYN had me start using Hibiclens 4% everyday when I take a shower and since I started using it I have only had one occurrence and it was not as bad as before.

31. JR says

I told a friend about experiencing this and she told he she thinks it is a cyst so I decided to reseach it and found this. I have had it for about a year and when it comes back I squeeze it to get rid of the puss and then it bleeds. I thought after the last time it was gone but it came back again. I was going to go to the doctor but i dont have insurance. What should I do?

32. JL says

I actually had a cyst removed on my vulva today by my OB GYN in her office. She told me that as mine had hardened, there was a good chance that it would not go away by itself. She was also very careful about removing it as it was near my clitoris, which has an artery in it. I would highly recommend against using a scalpel if you have one on your vulva.

33. MB says

I found a little lump on my vagina yesterday and didn’t have a clue what it was, and guess what..it is still here today! Thank you so much for all this amazing information, you are a life saver, I was so scared it was something much, much worse! I’m not sure if I will pop it yet; I’ll try the hot compress first, and then if it bugs me it will have to go! Thanks again :)

34. K says

I have been searching for years to find what this thing is that I have, and this is the closest thing I have found yet. I have had a little bump on my vagina for about two years now but I am way too scared to go see a doctor. And I know if i tell my mom, she will make me go get it checked out. I’ve been searching to find something online to get rid of it but I can’t figure out what it is. When I first got it, I just thought it was an ingrown hair so I tried to pop it but it wouldn’t pop. I figured it would just go away with time but it is still there two years later. The thing that I can’t figure out is that it doesn’t hurt at all and it doesn’t seem like there is anything in it to squeeze out. Does this sound like it could be a sebaceous cyst?

35. N says

Will the cyst reappear in the same spot? I’ve had this bump come and go every couple of months or so, more so recently in the past two years. The bump looks the same every time it appears, and it’s tender and itchy. I’ve got a white head, but when I touch the area, it feels hard around it as well. It’s on my labia minora, can this be a sebaceous cyst?

36. Lisa says

I have one too, on my private area. I’m scared to mention it to my mom, scared to see a doctor, and I’m scared to even touch it. So if I just leave it alone, what are the chances of it just going away?

• tekla says

i used neosporum every chance i could and it definetly helped and i was so scared too. mine really hurt but it did not just go away with med.

37. Marie says

I had a couple in the groin area recently, and one in my underarm that got infected and was really painful!
    My doctor told me that they just spontaneously occur, but I found that hard to believe as I’d never had one before.
    I tried to think what I might have done differently lately and I realized I had started taking evening primrose oil to alleviate PMS. But when I stopped taking it they went away!
    Just thought I’d share this because a few sites suggest it as a treatment, but if it is an oil it makes sense that in my cas it caused too much sebum to be produced and that caused the cyst.
    So if you get one, try dropping the evening primrose oil.
    Good luck!

38. Stephen says

I have never had one before until I was in my middle 20’s and bam… one right after the other. A few went away pretty quickly on their own and didn’t hurt, but 2 of them have been just downright horrible. I get them on my chest and just clothes rubbing against them make them hurt so bad and even sleeping. Wish I was the lucky few who have the painless ones, seems to me the majority have really painful ones.

39. Shelley says

I had to share this after reading everyones concerns. I swear by this product called Ichthammol ointment. It is over the counter and costs about 5 bucks. It looks like tar and stinks but to me, it is gold! I have suffered for a few days with a painful sebaceous cyst down there/labia minora=OUCH!. I put the ointment on and within a few hours it popped.Nothing else worked! It draws the pus to a head.Make sure you dont put it inside vagina.Good Luck!

40. Natasha says

Shelby I just got the same oitment for mine too, i got it at walgreens and it was about 10 bucks. I have had my cyst for quite a while now and i applied it every day twice a day and it got smaller, but never really popped. i just keep sqeezing it out, what should i do next? keep making it pus and eventually it will pop?
    PLease give me your advice! Th

i have one now. im gay so my girlfriend told me not to pop it but i knew i had too. idk why im really tellin yall this but i just feel like i have to so other people dont feel like their alone. im almost 18 and kinda scared cuz i dont want it to get any bigger cuz its kinda starting to swell but for those girls who are scared, dont be. its nothin to be scared about and its nothin bad. it happens to millions of people. just be glad thats all it is (: it’ll go away, just take care of yourself.

42. Belle says

I am currently experiencing one, it is only getting worse it is on my labia and has spread to my inner thigh the crease between the thigh and outer lip, it is painful and hard for me to walk, i don’t want to go to the doctor’s office because of low funds and i tried taking a hot bath and popping it but it only made it worse…..Help!!!!!

43. julie says

Thank god for this site I was getting ready to leave my husband of 9 nine yrs because I though he gave me some sort of STD. I have never had any STD’s and I’m sure this is what I have. I have a doc’s appt next just to confirm. I felt so alone and scared!
    TY:)

44. valerie says

Hi! I’m so glad I found these posts. About a year ago I had a lump under my breast (I was 19 so I felt to young to have something serious) but it was causing SO much pain! I couldn’t even put my bra on, so I went to a doctor. He told me it was a sebaceous cyst and gave me antibiotics (b.c it was infected). It went away and i still have a small lump there to this day, tho its tiny but healed. Then about 6 months ago i noticed a small lump on my inner labia and got very concerned, but the lump went away on its own. But this past week I passed a kidney stone and started drinking a lot more water, which made me pee/wipe more and I noticed to bumps/soreness on my inner labia in the same spot. I got so worried and embarrassed that it might be an std even tho i haven’t had sex in a long time, so I didn’t know how it could be that! So I went to a gyn. at my university, explained to her all my worry and she told me not to worry about it at ALL. she told me they are sebaceous cysts and to use a warm compress. I am thinking that people prone to cysts will tend to get cysts in an area that is rubbed on a lot (for example the vagina during wiping and sexual activity). I am going to try the warm water compresses and I HOPE it works, b.c they are so embarrassing and make me self conscious, as others have shared. This site made me feel not so alone :)

45. Alysha says

I’m glad I found this website! It’s been really cool spending the last hour reading everything here. And I feel like this is something I might have, but I’m still not 100% sure. It’s like someone implanted a tiny misshapen pearl under my skin near the top of my labia. It doesn’t pop…I’ve tried. Sometimes a little string of white something comes out, but not much. I can move it around a little and it’s hard. It’s been there for maybe a year or two and not recently it just started to grow and hurt a little. But I’m going to the heat compress though! It’d be nice for it to go away completely.

46. Claudia Gonzalez says

Hi!!! i just wanted to say thank you for posting this it has made me feel SSSSOOOO much better i have had sebaceous cysts for about 5 or 6 years not . . . im 20 now and yesterday i was just messing with one when i noticed something was coming out and (know this prolly sounds weird but) i got so excited at the thought of finally being able to get rid of one of my cysts . . . i have three other ones there NOT cluttered together . . . i managed to squeeze all or what i think is all of the white stringy white stuff out but i think it mite be getting infected cuz its now very tender and a little red. Does anyone know of something to put on it to prevent infection? If you do plz reply thanks!!!! ^_^

47. stephanie smith says

something else i forgot to mention. if you get prid (over the counter at a pharmacy or walmart or whatever) and put that on it then cover it up with a bandaid or gauze will help. have done that several times. i know your not supposed to pop them but i do sometimes and after i do i put some prid on it and bandage it up. it does help..unil the next one shows up…grrrr

48. joanna says

I got cysts on my face in my lat teens early 20’s. Ended up with lotsa scars too. But since I stopped wearing makeup I no longer get them on my face. I get some on my breasts, on my stomach, and I just recently got one “down bellow”. I’m 40 now and sometimes I wonder if these things will truely ever go away. I had recently been in a three month battle with kidney infections and thought that may have triggered this new cyst. I also have three painful ones on the back of my neck. I don’t think I cann handle squeezimng anyof them myself….you all are more brave than I.