DIY Beauty: chill out spa & beauty treats

If you can’t get to the spa to chill out, then try having your own DIY treat at home or during a getaway – wherever you can access to a big bathtub. Believe me, it’s a nice bonding session with your partner, or with a child. You can mix and match your treatments according to your fancy and the best part is, you don’t have to worry about that bill waiting for you outside the door.

How you want to pamper yourself is really up to you. But it’s a good idea to check out the bath and body section to pick out your favorite bath soak or bubble bath; you’ll be spoiled for choices! Just don’t get too carried away to end up with a hole in your pocket instead!

To give you an idea, here’s what I’ve prepared. Besides having a nice aromatherapy oil, these were the other essentials: 1) Hada Labo Moisturizing Lotion and dried mask sheets from Muji for a mini facial. (Check out Hazel’s entry on how to use this) 2) A bunch of tealights that you can light up and leave at different corners of the bathroom for enhanced ambience. 3) Packs of Dead Mineral Sea Salt for a good soak in the tub and some for scrubbing the feet. 4) Moisturizing foot mask for some feet pampering afterwards.

Of course the foot mask is optional. I used it only because it was lying in a corner unloved for a long time. I don’t like this very much though because it was too cold for my feet. But it did leave my feet feeling soft and smooth afterwards.

One thing I didn’t prepare was music. I was too busy having fun but that’s something else you want to consider if you’re interested in this DIY indulgence.

So ready to chill out and relax?

© www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

You saw the mask on his face? Haha…he wanted to try the facial mask but it’s just water…no Hada Labo. :razz:

Reading and sipping a cocktail or wine would be lovely too!

1. Reese says

Too bad I don’t have a bathtub, I always try to stuff myself in a large pail which can be quite uncomfortable..

I don’t have a bathtub at home too. I tried this during a recent getaway. Anyway, my bathroom is too bright to have much ambience in the day too.

2. fwy says

I don’t own a bathtub. However, I also bought a bottle of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil (the Lavender oil were all sold out at the BHG branch) this afternoon at Muji. I am planning to mix it with base oil for message or with distilled water as a face, body or foot spray. I wonder if I can put a few drops into my drinking water too.

3. Rinka says

i was actually just at the body shop today and i was so tempted by the home spa area… especially the spa wisdom bath soaks. i also like using bio-oil and palmer’s cocoa oil as bath soaks, leaves your skin really soft!

i do that once in awhile… maybe i should do it when i get home.. unfortunately i can’t dim the light… but it does help me relax abit..

Oh, reminds me that I saw Bentonite Clay in an organic shop the other day. It was about $8.90 and I thought I’ll try to get it another time for a homemade recipe.