Share: can you use your eye cream on your face?

eye gel Share: can you use your eye cream on your face?
I received an interesting question from a reader, Sandy, who wanted to know if we use eye cream as a face cream. Her reasons being that she does not want her eye cream to go to waste her.

Can we use eye cream as a face cream? I recently purchased a set of skin care. I ran out of my moisturizer but I still have half a bottle of eye cream. I don’t want it to go to waste and I don’t like to mix with other skin care products either. Please advise.

I told Sandy that she can use the eye cream on her face, especially if it’s meant to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles. I often use my eye cream for such purposes too. Sometimes, I squeeze more than what is needed and what I do is to apply the excess on my forehead and the corners of my mouth as I have some fine lines there. Some of the eye creams I used contain active ingredients like vitamin C and hence, they’ll be good for other parts of the face.

However, I also told Sandy that the eye cream is likely not moisturizing enough for the face. Unless hers is an exception, most eye creams are formulated to reduce eye bags, reduce dark eye circles and increase elasticity. They are typically not as moisturizing as a facial moisturizer with some exceptions. Hence, even if I were to apply my eye cream on parts of my face, I would still moisturize with a face oil or face cream.

What do you all think? Have you used your eye cream or gel on your face and do you think it can be used on its own on the face?

vivawoman1 Share: can you use your eye cream on your face? © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

1. hazel says

hello!

actually i only read before eye creams can be used on the lip areas cause the dedicacy of the skin is the same.. so thats the only area i tried to use my eye cream on…

as for the whole face, i think u are right, it might not be sufficient.. once in awhile (1-2 days) ok, but better use a proper face cream on long term and not to finish the eye cream bottle?

I use my Bod Eye Serum on the rest of my face as a face serum.
    I also use Organic Apoteke Eye Cream on my laugh-lines-to-be. They both work perfectly for me. :)

Oh I think I remember you mentioned before. I like using Organic Apoteke Eye Cream around my mouth area,

3. Raelynn says

I do put my eye serums and creams on my dehydration marionette lines.. but on the whole face.. not really. unless i’m really very desperate to finish it. because there are quite a few eye creams which contain beeswax and i’m quite reluctant to put them on the whole face.. there are better things to use if i wish to improve moisture retention.

I use eye cream on my Nasolabial folds; still have yet to find a great product that actually works. Since the eye works works to firm the eye area, I reckon it can be used on my laugh lines too.

5. Rennie says

Hmmm…I never tried that. That’s a very interesting point. Since I have oily skin, I would have to try that.

But do check what’s the cause of your oily skin. Sometimes if the skin is not sufficiently moisturized, the skin will try to secrete more oil.

Oh…I didn’t know even though I do use some of it around my neck. I always thought the skin on our neck is slightly thicker.

You’re right. I don’t know why I keep thinking it’s thicker. Maybe cos I have bad skin around my neck. It feels a little rough so I have the wrong impression that it’s thicker. Haha. But it’s thinner and that’s why it gets lines so easily.

6. kate newton says

I dont think that it would be good for the face. The skin type for your eyes is much softer and thinner compared to the face.

7. debbie t says

i like the american beauty boost eye cream. it is a night eye cream but i use it during the day as my eye area is very dry. i also use it sometimes on my face at night and when i wake up, my skin looks luminous.