DIY Beauty: 5 Song Hye Kyo skincare recipes

song hye kyo diy beauty DIY Beauty: 5 Song Hye Kyo skincare recipes

Korean hot celebrity Song Hye Kyo is one of my favorites.  She’s not only pretty but she has beautiful complexion and without makeup, her skin is porcelain clear. When asked about her beauty secrets last year, she did not mention any of the commercial brands that she endorses. Instead, her beauty secrets are DIY recipes using eggs, honey and milk. Surprised?

According to this thread at AsianFanatics Forum, Song Hye Kyo uses eggs to keep her skin white, honey to brighten up her complexion and milk to keep her face soft and smooth.

Beauty secret recipe 1: egg white and honey for whitening
This is a face mask consisting of one raw egg white (without the yolk) and a spoonful of honey.  Blend well and apply to the face and let it dry.  After which, rinse off with water.  Use this mask every fortnight and apply it just before bedtime.

Beauty secret recipe 2: honey for skin brightening
Diluted honey with double the amount of water and massage well into the face.  Rinse afterwards.  Again this should be used every fortnight and this recipe is good to brighten skin and reduce fine lines.  Additionally, Song Hye Kyo also mentioned another recipe of blending together a spoonful of honey, a spoonful of powdered milk and one raw egg white together. Use a cotton pad to apply the blend as a light layer on the skin.  Rinse away after 20 minutes.  According to her, this is great for dry skin if used every fortnight.

Beauty secret recipe 3: milk for soft and smooth skin
Another of Song Hye Kyo’s beauty secret is to use milk to wash her face as well as using milk as mask for facial.  Kind of like Cleopatra who was well known to love milk for its beauty properties on her skin.

Beauty secret recipe 4: ice cubes for slimmer face
The lovely actress also uses ice cubes to massage into her skin, firming and tightening up her skin thus making her face seem smaller.  I’ve read this trick before but I’m not so sure if ice is too good if used too frequently as it may cause broken capillaries for some skin types.

Beauty secret 5: vegetables and fruits for beauty inside out
Apart from these natural beauty recipes, Song Hye Kyo is also particular about her diet, staying away from food that is bad for her skin like chocolate, coke, black tea plus junk food and instead eating lots of fruits, veggies and occassionally, eggs.   A true practitioner of beauty from inside out!

So if you’re keen to have good skin like Song Hye Kyo’s (although I suspect genes also play a part here), you might want to give some of these DIY beauty recipes a try.  They’re easy to use and not complicated at all.  Best of all, the ingredients are readily available.  I might give one or two of the recipes a test run soon!

iherb DIY Beauty: 5 Song Hye Kyo skincare recipes

vivawoman1 DIY Beauty: 5 Song Hye Kyo skincare recipes © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

1. Jane says

Thanks for the tip! I really admire SHG’s flawless complexion. I would have never guessed she uses all natural ingredients!

Jane: Same here! I was so surprised. But I think she already has good skin to begin with…

most of the koreans have perfect skin! i think it is the weather.. our country is so polluted and we have to bear with the sunshine or rain. so, it is no surprise that we can never achieve the results of the koreans. and yeah, they have alotta ginseng too!

prettybeautiful: Yeah, weather plays an important role for our skin too. I guess the girls there also have the benefit of having easy access to the great number of aesthetic doctors. Heheh.

Oh she’s so pretty:) I had a friend in school who resembles her.

Leon: Wow, your friend must be the school belle then…

I can never remember these Korean actresses names but I’m intrigued at the use of ice cubes!

ParisB: Maybe you can try it and see how it works for you. I have read about this trick before but I’ve never tried it though…”

Wow…I must tell my girl friend immediately! lol thx for the info!

hyperX: Ya, must tell them! I’m sure she’ll love to try the recipes!

Hey Sesame! I tried her recipe that calls for a spoonful of honey, a spoonful of powdered milk and one raw egg white and it was amazing! loved it!

Alyssa: Hey, that’s great! I want to try it this weekend! :)

I LOVE HER TOO! She’s my ultimate favorite Korean Actress, such wonderful skin and super pretty!

Nikki: Yes, she’s very pretty. I was so impressed with her cos she was the first Korean actress I came across. She’s so sweet!

8. haruko says

Hi there,
    reading this post reminded me, they also sell milk and honey soaps, made from goat’s milk. Recently, I went to buy a bar from the honey world shop, since I have really sensitive skin. >< and its been pretty good since I bought it, it cleans well, but I think it will take time for me to see results, since organic works a bit slower for me .. but I shall be patient !

Haruko: The soap you bought sounds good for purifying. Milk contains lactic acid good for dissolving dead cells and maintaining skin’s pH balance. Honey on the other hand has softening effect.

9. Bee says

Do you need to wash your face before doing this and could you use milk in place of a toner? Something I just thought of, is there some cleanser you could make with honey perhaps? Or maybe just add honey to a cleanser you already use?

Bee: Yes, you need to wash your face first cos the recipes here are masks. Honey is good for softening the skin but I know it works well as a mask, not sure about its ability to clean. But no harm trying it with your cleanser and see how well it works.

10. Bee says

Oh! And something else I just thought of, could you use milk powder instead of milk?

Bee: Yes, milk powder can be used instead although fresh milk is better. I have tried using milk powder mixed with honey and cucumber juice as a mask.

* UPDATE * Bee: I just found this recipe of using milk and sugar. Moisten your face with water, then massage clean with a teaspoonful of sugar. Tone with a splash of water. Moisturize with skin from the top of boiled milk that’s been left to cool (but if you can’t, the milk is probably fine too). Leave on for 2 minutes then massage off with water.

Icing is much promoted by Sage skincare (zerozits.com)! I think SHK is lover-ly but I’m not sure about her acting skills!:P I look forward to catching her on The World We Live In though.

By the way, I’m linking you on makeupstash. You have a great blog here! :D

Mag: Hey, thanks! I visited your blog the other day too. You have a nice one as well. :)

To be fair, I only watched SHK like once, so cannot comment on her acting skills. But I like to look at her. ;)

wow she has beautiful skin.thaks sooo much love u.i will try em out n tell u the results

rubii: Yes, she’s lovely. I tried the egg and honey but I don’t like the smell though…

13. slp says

Hi Sesame,
    Wonderful post…
    I also loved her flawless skin and complexion…and everything
    The egg thing, will this have a funky smell?
    Regarding the milk mask, do i have to wipe it once or do it more than once? And let it dry….? Do i need to used a toner and moisturize afterwards?
    thanks.

slp: Yes, the egg mask has a strange smell which I don’t like. It’s downright awful to me. For the milk mask, you can wipe it over thoroughly once or twice, leave on for 15 – 20 mins before washing off. Tone and moisturize as per normal afterwards.

14. Gnitil- says

Hi, do you actually just use the fresh milk that we can get easily from departmental stores, e.g. HL fresh milk? and also the honey that we can get easily from the departmental stores too e.g. raw honey? :)

Gnitil: Yes, those will do. Of course it would be even better if you can get hold of organic ones. :)

15. Gnitil- says

oh btw, how many eggs and how many spoonfuls of milk and honey do you actually use to concoct the recipe? :) Thanks!

Gnitil: As written, “a spoonful of honey, a spoonful of powdered milk and one raw egg white.” Spoonful = one tablespoon.

16. Gnitil- says

Oh Thanks! I really all the reviews from you web! its really so helpful! =) THANKS!

so means for honey, i can really just get any honey from nearby supermarket, that will do these tricks yeah?

Gnitil: Get those that are stated as raw or wild because it means they would retain most of their original properties which would be more beneficial for the skin. In fact Manuka honey is best but it’s expensive. I use raw honey instead.

Glad you enjoy the info here. Come back often! I try to include one feature on DIY homemade recipes every week. I just ran one today about acne.

17. Gnitil- says

wow! serious! =D YEAH! i visit your blog almost everyweek! =) feels so happy reading your blog =)

OKAY!
    Thanks for your advices!
    Thanks alot! =)

Gnitil: Oh that’s nice. Thank you! I’m happy to learn that too. :D

18. Gnitil- says

oh ya, may i know where can i get the manuka honey in singapore? :)

Gnitil: You can find it at a few places eg. Cold Storage supermarket, Living Pharmacy under NTUC or Unity under NTUC. They come in different UMF values. I think for facial, no need to go for very high ones.

19. Gnitil- says

oh, okay, thanks for your info! i will check that out! THANKS! :)

Gnitil: You’re welcome! ;)

20. Gnitil- says

the powdered u meant, is those milk powder? what kind of milk powder?

Gnitil: Those that we use to make a drink can be used for this recipe. Or baby milk powder.

21. BEvz says

DO i nEed tO wAsh mY fAce with sOap & wAter aftEr thE mAsk or i’LL jUst nEed tO rinsE it with wAter aLOne.,?

Bevz: You should make sure your face is washed before using the mask. After that, just rinse off with water.

22. sarah says

hi, can i use regular drinking milk? i live in america and i don’t think we have powder milk? do we???

Sarah: I suppose you can substitute regular milk with it…I don’t see a problem. But if you really want powdered milk, try the baby section. You might find them there.

23. Bevz says

Can i usE mOistUrizer aftEr thE hOney and egG.,? Tnx!

Bevz: After you rinse off, you can moisturize as per normal.

24. Debz says

I really like your blog very informative and able to answer queries.

May i ask how many time should i used egg white with a spoon of honey? In a weekly basis? Can i used it daily?

thanks.

Debz: You can use it once a week. Daily could be too much plus the smell isn’t very great. If you’re fine with that weekly regime and wants to increase, then perhaps twice.

I’m glad you find the info useful here. Come back often! ;)

25. aurora says

thanks for the wonderful tips ^^!~
    i was wondering that do we leave the honey and egg mask overnight? or just for a few minutes before bed time? :)

Aurora: Ah no…just leave it for 10mins or so and rinse off as soon as it starts to dry.

26. Hanishiko says

everything sounds GREAT and like it will actually work this time lol
    but what if you have acne not like alot but enough to know you have acne..[make sense?]
    can you still use it?
    because i am also using a salicyic acid scrub for my acne
    do i just not use the acne scrub anymore?

Hanishiko: I suggest you take care of your acne first and clear them before using these recipes cos some of them like those with milk may aggravate those with acne conditions.

27. zhiwei says

hey. i’m not very sure about the milk mask. do we soak e cotton pad with milk and put on our face? then so fill our face with cotton pad soak with milk. sorry im so confused. hehe.

Zhiwei: Both ways work but it might be better to soak your cotton pad and then dab it on your face so that the milk does not drib so much. Don’t do this too often if your skin is acne proned though…

This should be fine for sensitive skin too but if you’re worried, I suggest you do a patch test on your wrist first.

28. suju says

hey
    i love this skin routine…
    i did not thought that song hye kyo used natural ingredients…
    i will love to try this one….
    i have tried once homemade face mask for four days and i stopped than lots of pimples came…..hope if i tried this one it won’t come….
    hehe

29. kimmi says

thank you for sharing some DIY skin recipes,by the way is the recipes that you’ve said is what you are using???and is it good and safe for teenagers like me.Because I admire you so much of your lovely and flawless skin!!!

Kimmi: This is not Song Hye Kyo’s site. This is what she said she used when interviewed. The recipes are safe for teenagers.

30. Kim says

hi there, Kim’s here.

i love your site, it helps me a lot with my skin! Thanks!

i was wondering, can i use soya milk powder instead of milk powder? because that’s the only type of milk powder that i can find in my house.

We don’t know…this is what she shares on her DIY beauty secrets but she probably uses other products.

Yes, with moderation. Don’t use the milk too much or too often for acne proned face. Also for the egg mask, don’t leave for too long.

And Koreans love to bathe in mugwort, a special herb for natural health and beauty for women.

32. Thoa says

Is black tea bad for skin? I’ve never heard of that. I know that green tea is rich in antioxidants, but I’m not sure about green tea.

33. Hana says

Hi! I just came across your blog. I know it’s been years since you posted it.. I’m just wondering, since you mentioned fortnight, does it really have to take that long… like once in 2 weeks?

34. Isabelle says

Just did the recipe N.1 and just love it I notice a better skin the 1 application thanks for the recipe :)

1. […] Song Hye Kyo’s beauty secret using DIY skincare recipes | – When asked about her beauty secrets, Song Hye Kyo reveals they are DIY recipes using eggs, honey and milk. Surprised? Gravitating Towards Cleaner Beauty. Home; About Viva Woman. FAQs; … Korean hot celebrity Song Hye Kyo is one of my favorites. […]

2. […] Song Hye Kyo’s beauty secret using DIY skincare recipes | – Beauty secret recipe 1: egg white and honey for whitening … Korean actress Song Hye-kyo swears by an egg white and honey mask. […] Reply. 5 Korean beauty trends to try « Charming Cabinets says: 13 May 2014 at 8:02 pm […]