Drinking green tea promotes slimming?

green tea Drinking green tea promotes slimming?

image credit: Honjien

It looks like my slimming down over these few months could have been a result of drinking green tea almost every other day. I had initially thought that my weight loss was due to eating pineapples but it may not be entirely due to that.

Many of you are probably aware that green tea is particularly rich in a type of polyphenols called catechins and it is these catechins that researchers say may trigger weight loss by stimulating the body to burn calories and decreasing body fat.

According to the Amercian Society for Clinical Nutrition, drinking green tea can increase calories burned through fat breakdown.

green tea has thermogenic properties and promotes fat oxidation…The green tea extract may play a role in the control of body composition via sympathetic activation of thermogenesis, fat oxidation, or both.

Actually I drink green tea for the antioxidant benefits and I had only realized the potential for slimming after Leon of Beauty Secrets Revealed sounded me up because it had an effect for her.  Maybe the green tea plus the pineapples had caused me to lose weight so rapidly over the past few months?

vivawoman1 Drinking green tea promotes slimming? © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

1. zarina says

dears,
    i am gonna start on green tea.
    but can it be taken first thing in the morning like a normal cuppa tea???/

or shoul dit be just once a day after dinner?
    DESPERATE TO SLIM without much effort. please help.
    luv
    zarine Goa

• says

Hi there, one cup in the morning is great idea which can wake you up…
      Apart from green tea, you also need look after your diet and regular exercises… :) then you will definitely lose weight in a short period of time. :)
      Liv@wrinklemania last post is: Hello world!

2. Coreen Tan says

I wan buy OSK SENCHA TEA BAG MFG BY ODANI KOKUFUN CO. LTD. Where to find the outlet selling it, i’m staying in Penang.

3. Mike says

Herbal tea,wight loss tea,healthy tea from China.OEM welcomed.
    Retrail,samples are available.
    Any questions,pls let me know.Tks.
    mkwilliam98 at gmail dot com

4. Carol Ray says

I love this article it is full of great information. I love my green tea but when I am doing the rounds I don’t always get the chance so I have been supplementing with green tea extract by innoveat which is part of a system and I am losing the fat around my hips and thighs.

• Sesame says

Oh the supplement is already causing you to lose weight? That’s interesting and good to know!