How your blood type can keep you young and healthy

Blood Type How your blood type can keep you young and healthy

I spotted this interesting information about our blood type that highlights the health and nutrition information that corresponds to our exact biological profile. These look like roadmaps from Dr. Peter D’Adamo’s Eat Right For Your Type, which state that our blood type is the most important factor in determining a healthy diet and how a blood type diet can help with weight loss and even slow down our aging process. We’ve often been told to adopt a balanced diet but if Dr D’Adamo is right, then the balanced diet for each of us actually differs according to our blood type.

Blood Type O How your blood type can keep you young and healthy
Type O
People with type O blood fare best on intense physical exercise and animal proteins and less well on dairy products and grains. The leading reason for weight gain among Type O’s is the gluten found in wheat products and, to a lesser extent, lentils, corn, kidney beans, and cabbage. Ideal exercises for Type O’s include aerobics, martial arts, contact sports, and running.

Blood Type A How your blood type can keep you young and healthy

Type A
Those with blood type A, however, are more naturally suited to a vegetarian diet and foods that are fresh, pure, and organic as Type A’s are predisposed to heart disease, cancer, and diabetes due to their sensitive immune system. Type A’s prefer calming, centering exercise, such as yoga and tai chi.

Blood Type B How your blood type can keep you young and healthy
Type B
Type B’s have a strong immune system and a tolerant digestive system and tend to resist many of the severe chronic degenerative illnesses, or at least survive them better than the other blood types. Type B’s do best with moderate physical exercise requiring mental balance, such as hiking, cycling, tennis, and swimming.

Blood Type AB How your blood type can keep you young and healthy
Type AB
Blood type AB, the most recent, in terms of evolution, of the four groups and an amalgam of types A and B, is the most biologically complex. For this group, a combination of the exercises for types A and B works best.

More information at the website
I’ve read of this information but haven’t followed the suggested diet for my blood type. However, I’ve recently heard my hairstylist talking about this and stating that he’s been feeling better since cutting down on meat intake because he’s a type A. Anyway, I thought this makes interesting read for those who are into inner health and beauty as we are what we eat. I’m a type B and it seems that a balanced diet works well for me.

If you’re keen to find out more, check out Dr. Peter D’Adamo’s website, which has more detailed info on the various blood types. You may also like to know that he has designed a new cosmeceutical line called D’Adamo Genoma Skin Care that specifically combat and remove (Advanced Glycation End-products) AGE molecules.

So tell me, what’s your blood type?

vivawoman1 How your blood type can keep you young and healthy © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice
_______________________________________________________

About Sesame

Blog editor of Viva Woman, Sesame is a skin care addict who is fond of using natural & organic beauty products. She also enjoys ogling at handmade jewelry & cute stationery.

_______________________________________________________

Comments

1. minsin says:

Check this out!

Happened to see this website talking the same things.. This company is no longer carry this supplement in Singapore. :(

• sesame says:

The shop at Parkway Parade (basement) seems to sell some of the books and also supplements if I’m not wrong. I was busy taking the pictures and I didn’t look carefully.

2. pf1123 says:

Hahaha…the first instance I saw hardy digestive tract in strengths, its already not realised on me. :D

• sesame says:

You have a weak digestive tract? I guess the profiles are not completely accurate for all. I believe I have some weakness but it stated none.

3. rachel says:

i’m a type O and i’m terribly prone to digestive system problems! i am a really big meat eater though.

4. I am O type and I am carnivorous too, just like Rachel :)
    There’s a blood type restaurant at Raffles Place where they recommend/serve the type of meals that are suitable for your blood group, do check it out. PRetty interesting!

5. zhenling says:

interesting. but i would not think blood type alone accounts for our biological profile.

i’m type B too by the way.

might consider some for the supplements reccommended. you?

• sesame says:

I’ll skip the supplements but I’m thinking if I should avoid chicken cos I really love chicken! I’ve been eating lots of it since a child.

6. pf1123 says:

I am type O too but I love carbs. Although I try to have a balance diet nowadays.

7. Caramel says:

I’m type AB, personally I think factors affecting one’s health, nutrition needed and character traits are more complicated and blood type is probably one of the less significant factors, what do you think?

• sesame says:

Hmm…I’m not knowledgeable when it comes to the topic of health. But my impression is blood type would be more important. However, whether eating right according to our blood type is debatable. I can’t say it’ll work across the board cos there are probably other considerations.

8. What a co-incidence! This is my New Year’s Resolution. I am planning to follow this diet from feb 1st. In fact, I have already started to avoid my”No” foods, its very difficult but I seriously wanna see if it works:)

9. i’m O, and though i hate exercising, once i start doing sth strenous/physical i actually look and feel better … my water retention and extra flabs etc seem to melt away. maybe there’s some truth to this philosophy

• sesame says:

I guess we can’t tell until we try some of the suggestions. But I certainly like the idea of being The Nomad!

10. Oh, I am Type B but my stomach is kinda sensitive too! I should’ve really continued playing tennis. LOL. Thanks for sharing! I will check the website too.

11. i’m O and it’s REALLY accurate for me! hahahah i’m totally carnivorous (i hate veg) plus i get freq stomach trouble. :(

• sesame says:

I get stomach problems too and I’m a type B. I guess it also depends on how we’ve been taking of ourselves and what we’ve been eating since we were young.

12. shoot…i don’t know my blood type :(…thats interesting info…am gonna check and see what my blood type is now. lol

13. Sure, I will:) My Blood type is AB+ and I am supposed to eat mixed diet from group A and B.

14. Oh okie:) Does he like red meat?

15. Thats good, I am also trying to avoid it. But I am not supposed to eat chicken too,lol

16. Butterfly says:

I’m type O and a vegetarian (natural born meat eater?). I don’t agree with almost all of what it says.

The blood type diet is just another fad diet, oh well.

• sesame says:

Well, as with everything else, some pple will believe and some will not. I did read a lot of controversies on this one too.

17. tallis says:

Oh mann i am blood type AB and I eat loads of chicken and seafood okay seafood seems okay but i keep wondering why even tho i eat little i still cant get read of this weight! okies cutting down on chicken i shall see if it helps .. no harm right ((:

• I’m type B and seafood makes me lethargic. I love chicken too and have to avoid it according to this info. :(

18. boogie says:

i’m type O. The activities are actually fit. I rather working out than doing yoga or swimming. And i also get rid of my few extra pound, it seems cuz of eating grain products. I do like dairy products, according to this info i should limit them i guess.

• sesame says:

Well, try to moderate…can’t say if this really works for all although some told me it does. I guess there are also other factors to consider.

19. boogie says:

i meant can’t get rid of my extra pounds :P

20. chachacha:D says:

What about Rh negative? lol.
    It’s rare, but it’s out there.

21. good concept , my blood type is O . i read your article O type. i also want to lose my weight

22. Carrie says:

A very interesting post. Though I doubt the validity of Dr. Peter D’Adamo’s study since I am a Blood Type O and also a vegetarian; so far my body has been functioning well :P But I do like the suggested exercise regime LOL

23. Lindsey says:

Wow.. I’m blood type O- and I’ve always greatly detested vigorous exercise. Really? Really!? Out of all the blood types, mine is the one with the most intense exercise regimen? Why can’t I just be type A… bloody Tai-chi and yoga D:

• Sesame says:

Well, don’t be too upset Lindsey. This is just one view presented but it doesn’t mean what you’re doing is all wrong.

24. Anonymous says:

The O blood type is the most common world wide and its the first one that developed. Blood type A is the second most common and the second one that developed. Blood type B and AB are the rarest, and AB is the last one that evolved. Im not sure if the blood type diet works, it probably does for some people but not necessarily everyone. Moderation and balance is key in life for everyone. Im European with a B blood type and I have noticed that I can tolerate dairy well, as well as some meats, but gluten doesn’t sit right with me if I have more than a small amount. So I guess there is some truth to the diet for some of us. It is interesting!

25. Most F2s out of a proper breeding program have
    about the same size of an F1. The pet food industry, in terms of requiring information on the labels, is not as
    strictly enforced as labels for human consumption. Should the wound become infected it is easily treated using
    antibiotics.
    small dog rescue last post is: small dog rescue