Believe it or not: baby’s pee is good for your skin

Untitled 11 Believe it or not: babys pee is good for your skin

Hey, if you’ve always been seeking for some magical elixir for your skin, seek no further than a baby’s pee! Yesh, it’s full of goodness because it will soften dry skin, cure your skin blemishes, and get rid of your acne. Why…it’s the ultimate anti-aging serum! A load of bull? Oh so disgusting? Well, haven’t you heard of urine therapy that has been practiced in various cultures since early history? I know some people even drink baby’s urine!

Using baby’s pee to get rid of rashes and blemishes
I’m not so sure about the origins in other cultures but when it comes to the Chinese, this is quite a common practice, especially with the older generation. You know that rashes and blemishes are a common sight with the newborns and I’ve personally seen my mom wiped various nieces’ and nephews’ faces with warm, wet diapers, just removed from their butts. Nothing too weird there. I’ve wiped my son’s face with his own pee before and yes, his rashes and blemishes cleared up real quickly after that because I didn’t recall doing that for a prolonged period.

Did I try?
So going by the same principle, we adults can also wipe our face with baby’s pee! Oh no, I didn’t try…at that time, my face was relatively good and I haven’t heard that baby’s pee can help remove pigmentation spots or I might have given it a go. Heheh. So no need to wrinkled up your nose at me!

Urine contains Urea
Apparently, the reason urine works is because it contains Urea, an ingredient that can cure various skin ailments and therefore found in many skincare products in its synthetic form. With matured urine, I guess there is more bacteria and waste but a baby’s urine is considered as healthy and sterile – and so it has that added anti-inflammatory properties. Pee from a newborn is apparently, the best!

Tried it?
Okay, I haven’t got any research and science to back me up about using urine as a skin therapy. This is all written for fun. But well, I know there are probably some people who will resort to this. If you or someone you know has tried using baby’s urine on their skin, let us know how it has gone. Well, this blog is both scent-free and odor free. *wink*

vivawoman1 Believe it or not: babys pee is good for your skin © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

1. soiia says

I heard this from my mommy too but never tried of course :P I’m too grossed out by the idea.
    Also, just wanted to tell you that it’s not true mature person urine contains more bacteria. Any healthy person should not have bacteria in their urine, maybe more waste yes, but definitely not bacteria or else they are have a serious infection :P

… i’m speechless. never heard of it & don’t think i’ll ever try it. the idea is too yikey. i’ll probably test on someone else first.

3. Audris says

Well this is the first I’m hearing about baby pee, although I had a German friend whose German mum used to collect her sons’ urine to drink as part of alternative health therapy.

But they (the sons) were already adults, not babies nor teenagers! Definitely no healthy diet there too!

• Audris says

YES! She drank them. Apparently to balance out the body’s energy or something.

I always thought her son was being a tad mean when he told me about the mum having quite…well… off-beat ideas. Until he cited me this example.

Met her personally and she seemed ok, very warm and friendly, considering the nationality and that she’s in a very small village. ;)

Okay, I’m freaking out…if a baby’s I can accept but drinking that of a grown man oh geez…

oh, this post is so timely. Just yesterday, I opened a new bottle of moisturizer my sister gave me. As I was already running late for an appointment, I slapped on the cream quickly and realize the smell is so nasty! I flipped over the bottle and the only glaring ingredient was UREA. gosh, I smell like crap.

Now that you mention Urea is a good skincare ingredient, it’s a relief! :) I thought the cream had very wrong stuff in it.

I don’t know that synthetic Urea smells very bad…I’ve tried products containing it but very little so can’t tell. But eh, shouldn’t smell like pee right?

Not long ago Mum made the same suggestion after my adverse reaction to a product. I thought she went cuckoo after running numerous errands for CNY. Shoulda saved some when we first brought Milo home XD

6. Ann says

Hmmmmm…. Contemplating very hard whether to try. I think my husband will freak out. But then why will babies get nappy rash if pee is good?

The nappy rash is due to the diaper they wear if I’m not wrong…the combination of heat and urine…not sure. If you let them be diaper free, they don’t have the rash issue.

It’s a bit of old wives’ tale to me but I was surprised…many adults tried it. I am more grossed out by those who drink the pee.

7. Rinka says

first bird poo is good for your skin and now baby pee! lmao :P
    i dont know if i want to give this one a go, plus itll be hard to get a steady supply? hahaha, interesting article though!

Haha…never mind…you can still try when you have a baby next time. ;)

But for your “blood mask”, even though you didn’t try but your skin is okay isn’t it?

• says

Well, generally I have OK skin. I was really tempted to try it when I was young (due to elders’ pressure), just that I didn’t know I was having my period already. I thought it was just dirty pee, haha.

I wonder what’s the relation between this and placenta from our womb. They’re two different things but both are unique only to women so must be something beneficial from the first blood I guess…

8. Ladeda says

My mother has been telling me about this “beauty secret” since I was a little girl. Of course I’ve never tired it but she told me that my grandmother use to do it all the time back in our country. My grandmother would use early morning pee (her own) to wipe her face. I’ve been told that she had beautiful skin till the day she past – but there were not pictures to prove it…

I recall reading a book review on “What I Eat”, which visually shows 80 people and their usual food for an entire day. A woman in India drinks a glass of her own urine, a practice called shivambu. Followers also massage it on their skin.

10. zzzmadison says

fascinating… maybe the next vivachallenge so that we can all try it out together? hahahaha

It’s also in your blood, which makes me wonder if there’s a way to extract that and put it on your face- apparently, in it’s purest form, urea doesn’t have much scent. (But I wouldn’t know for sure.)

I’ve read that you’re able to use your own urine for this too, you just take it when you go pee in first thing the morning. Urine won’t smell if you’re well-hydrated, so you wouldn’t have to worry for smell.

>.< I may try it because I'm desperate for good skin.

Ah…yes, I heard about using the pee first thing in the morning. That was for drinking but must apply to using it topically too. And you’re right that it doesn’t smell if we drink enough water. Let me know how it goes for you if you do decide to use it. Own pee ain’t so bad compared to using someone’s. ;)

I didn’t know Urea is in the blood too…

12. Sera says

i just stumble upon your blog..

actually.. this story might be true…
    i have a friend, and and 3 years ago, her sister giving a birth..
    for a week or two, her sister slept in my friend bed, with her baby.. yeah u know what happened.. pee.. breastmilk.. at the same bed..
    after her sister head home.. my friend just sleep in that same bed, with the same sheet.. *i sleptover her home to make thesis, n she still have the very same sheet, over 6 weeks!!*
    and she notice, all her little blemishes, whitehead, blackhead, just disapear within 3 days.. when i touch her face.. it was so smoooooooooooothhhhhh! like baby butt!!

note. my friend is so gross, she never take care of her personal hygine, i’m the one who always bother to encourage her buying skin care, n stuff! she isn’t even bother to wash her hair over weeks! same goes to her face..

Oh…she didn’t change her bedsheet even after all the pee and breastmilk? But a good thing these helped her skin.

Your friend really needs to take care of her personal hygiene! :razz:

13. Karl says

My VNese friend is on line with me right now. Her mother just drank about 30 ml of her 5-mo old boy’s piss today. “Smells good, delicious, good for health”

14. Karl says

Not only that, my ladyfriend’s 90-yr old grandmother (who is a baby pee drinker) had all her teeth fall out when she was 85.
    Now 3 or 4 new teeth are coming in in the mouth of the 90-yr old grandmother.

15. Karl says

(My guess is that this old, totally uneducated lady, way out in the countryside, has tooth stumps below the gumline that are rotting, and the infection is pushing them up and out.)

16. Karl says

This is just a glimpse into one particular ‘baby pee drinking world’ – a place where people are totally uneducated and there are no doctors. And they believe many strange things.

17. Fatima says

My mom was actually just talking about this. Everyone in my family has freckles and when my mom was pregnant with my brother she said she got more freckels and began to get some spots as well. When my brother was born she actually did this pee thing which my grammy recommended. Turns out it actually works! (: Who knew?!

18. anndria says

I tried it numerous of times and believe it or not it REALLY REALLY WORKS but only while their(babies) drinking just formula or being breast fed its something in the milk and ONLY BABY PEE so gross to use your own pee ugh.Babies pee are good, because all they eat is MILK which is healthy for you i hope i anwser your questions. I only use it when i have a acne breakout.It makes your skin glow and clears it up just use the pee as needed.

19. gail kouma says

my mom always rubbed on our faces as did my sister when she had her kids.
    This came from my grandmother and great grands. My sister in laws commented on my face and were shocked what I told them. All of my relatives had great skin and my mom had beautiful skin until she passed at 81. I’m 65 and have always had great skin, no need for spending mega bucks on the skin.

20. Darlene Williams says

I had my first son at 17 yrs old and my second son 7 years later. With my first son my older sister told me to wipe my face with his fresh warm pee cause it was good for my skin, I must admit it grossed me out until I broke down and tried it. He was alergic to pampers and had to use clothe, which was good bcus clothe were free of perfumes. I did this every day all day until he began solid food then I stopped. I did it again 7 years later with my second son until he started solid foods. I’m 60 now and look like I’m late 20’s-early 40’s (depening what I’m wearing). I’m always hearing “did you find the fountain of youth?”, “you look the same as your year book pic”, “you must have good family genes”, “I can’t believe you have 7 grands and 4 great-grands”, “what do you do use on your face?” so on and so on the compliments are endles today, and BTW I don’t use anything special on my face now, just a scrub once/twice a week. So yes it works.
    IT’S YOUR BABY SO WHAT’s THE BIG DEAL?

21. Darlene Williams says

Something else that makes your face smooth and soft is Preperation H, yep you read it right Prep H. Calm dowm calm down your not taking it off your butt and putting it on your face Silly Dilly (unless you want too), get a seperate tube just for your face. What is P.H. used for?, yes to shrink hems, and hems are what?, tissue and your face is what?, yes TISSUE! It shrinks pores hence making you face smoother and softer. Oily yes, so do it on the evening when your doing your beauty treatment. Again DONT KNOCK IT TIL YOU TRY IT!

Yep Sesame, but once they eat solid foods I wouldn’t
    advise it, my kid er not, js ewww lol.
    What do you think about my Prep H post?

• Sesame says

Yup, over here, the recommendation is to use newborn’s.

I don’t know where to get Prep H here because it’s not readily available. I have heard about its effectiveness and don’t mind trying.

Yes i used My son’s wet diaper to clean my face. An aunt of mine did it to clear her face of acne and it worked for her and I decided to give it a try after trying so many lotions for my dry skin. I didn’t give it much thought because my son is only Breastfed and I know breast milk has a lot of healing elements.

24. Nikki says

This actually works!! No BS, it works!! I have no idea what super astringent/ ingredient urine has, but it works for so much. My great granny taught this secret to me years ago. I’ve used first morning urine to heal my cartilage piercing, allergic reaction to jewelry, and mild acne. I’m not drinking it, FYI, I just wet a cotton ball or swap and wipe my face with it, then wash with warm water. I’ve also used it on my son’s baby acne, not my urine, but his from a cloth diaper, not a pamper and guess what, it worked!! It’s not an overnight cure, but it works within a weeks time.

I really want to try the baby pee for my face. I struggle with acne and it pisses me off so bad. I have tried everything including proactive and a dermatologist. 😭 I’m ready for some baby pee lol I just want clear beautiful skin. Although. I don’t have a baby or know anyone with a baby who would even be comfortable with me asking for thier baby’s urine for my face haha. They’d probably look at me crazy. Only because everyone I know with baby’s are my age. Around 19 and up and they don’t have any problems with thier skin so more than likely they aren’t going to think that baby pee is logical unless they were to research.

26. tommyd says

its true i witnessed my grandmother d
    oing when i was 6 yr old she lived till the age of 88. with barely a wrinkle or blemish