Something old, something borrowed, something blue

vintage style  seiko watch Something old, something borrowed, something blue

Recently, I started wearing this old Seiko watch again. The watch belongs to my mom and she passed it to me when I was in my teens. So for a few years, this watch accompanied me to school every day. Ya, I know it doesn’t look cool on a teenager but I don’t think I thought much of being cool back then. Anyway, I didn’t have much of a choice and spending money on a new watch wasn’t exactly in my agenda too.

But it’s a rather unique design and I love the blue face, plus the fact that this has a manual winding mechanism. Maybe it sounds troublesome but I actually enjoyed winding the watch on a daily basis; I think it’s kind of cool in my quirky sense of style.

old watch Something old, something borrowed, something blue

This watch was a gift from my dad to my mom and she must have worn it for quite a number of years before she passed it to me. So I won’t be surprised if this watch is something of a semi-centennial now. I don’t supposed I can call it vintage as yet but maybe vintage-styled won’t be too far off?

vivawoman1 Something old, something borrowed, something blue © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

I sincerely think it’s really cool and the colour combi will keep it pretty much from looking aged. It’s a meaningful timepiece I’d be glad to wear too :)
    Audris last post is: Diving at Padang Bai

It’s a really nice watch, with gem tone blue, and such a special design. =) Watches that are gifts are always worth keeping no matter how old. As the Sovil et Titus tagline goes, Time is Love.
    Jyoan last post is: Estee Lauder Pure Color Limited Edition + 1 Shisedo

i remember the time when my dad used to have a winding mechanism watch and even I used to like winding it :D its fun and the watch really looks vintage :) its really awesome to preserve the family things and then over the course of time, they become heirlooms!!!
    Swati last post is: Just Chitchat!!!

It looks very nice and I love the shape and the color of the face, too. I don’t usually wear a watch as my wrists are too thin to fit the non-kiddy sizes but I secretly love watches. I agree with vivavoomz, your Dad has good taste. :)
    EcoBeauty last post is: 3 Beauty Lessons Dad Never Knew He Taught Me

5. Sue says

i think its cool too! my mom gave me one too… but it was from my grandma so it was quite old but i felt really proud and happy while wearing it… (‘=

6. Germaine says

wow, you have a very unique watch. i like the shape and the colors, classic and beautiful. the blue tone combines well with the silver. i think it’s very hard now to find a unique watch like this already. :)