The beauty benefits of eating kiwifruit daily

kiwi1 The beauty benefits of eating kiwifruit daily

I’m currently in the mood for kiwifruit and I’m so glad to know that this is an awesome beauty food! The kiwifruit is a powerful antioxidant with a great amount of vitamin E and vitamin C plus traces of vitamin A. So when taken often, this fruit helps to slow down the physical aging process of our skin. In fact, kiwifruit contains more vitamin C than an orange to stimulate collagen synthesis and prevent free radicals from damaging our skin. In addition, the black seeds within the kiwifruit also contain the fatty acid omega-3 oils, which also help slow down the aging process of our skin.

Prevents radical damage
If you think green tea is a great beauty drink, then you ought to give kiwifruit a try because it is many times more potent. One kiwi contains 40 micrograms of antioxidant beta-carontene and fat soluble vitamin E. Plus it is rich in phytonutrients that protect our cells against radical damage. Apparently, the fruit extract combines high essential fatty acids with impressive antioxidant properties, representing a perfect anti-aging ingredient both through topical application and oral use; with studies citing improved skin radiance, reduced fine lines and dark circles under the eyes.

cut kiwi The beauty benefits of eating kiwifruit daily

Omega-3 to reduce wrinkles
Actually, I was most surprised to learn that the seeds of kiwifruit contains Omega-3, which is important to help reduce wrinkles on the skin. The daily recommended dose for eating kiwifruit is two a day, including the skin. But I don’t know how to eat the skin and I can only afford to eat one a day. For my family, I usually cut them up like what you see in this picture above. However, when I eat it, I usually prefer to cut the fruit and scoop out the flesh using a teaspoon.

High fibre content
Kiwifruit by the way also contains a high amount of fibre and hence, is great for digestion. And by now, many of you are aware that a good digestive system also promotes good skin from inside out. I was told that the low calories in kiwi fruit can help one slim down.

kiwi The beauty benefits of eating kiwifruit daily

Good for cleansing
Those who are into DIY beauty may like to know that kiwis are particularly good to cleanse our skin because it contains an enzyme called actinidin, which works to dissolve protein based dead skin cells and dirt on the skin. This will help leave our skin fresh and clean.

So do you like eating kiwis?

vivawoman1 The beauty benefits of eating kiwifruit daily © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

1. Rain says

I try to eat at least one green kiwi a day and I always eat it with the skin. I will use a peeler and gently scrap off all the “fur” off the skin. The skin is where all the good bits are. I find that there is more texture and bite when you eat a kiwi with the skin on!

• Sesame says

Oh, scrap off the furry bits. Okay, I’ll give it a try soon and see if I like it that way. Thanks for sharing the tip!

Yes, I love kiwis! Especially when Zepri has a promotion (which is always). hehe. But the funny thing is if I do eat it everyday, I get sick of the sourness. I like sour tastes, but the sour of kiwi is quite acidic, and it does gets to me if I stick to it more than 7 days at a time… … I like to switch around my fruit choices with other somewhat sour stuff (haha, as I just love sour stuff), like strawberries, green apples. And then there are grapes and blueberries that I like too.
    Jyoan last post is: How to Sleep Tight?

• Sesame says

You don’t like sour stuff much? I love sour food in general. Good to switch…I usually have some “staples” like apples and one other. This is my current obsession.

I totally love kiwis especially the tangy flavor they leave after they get finished :) I didn’t know its season for fresh kiwis again…will hunt for them in the market :)
    Swati last post is: Shampoo on Dry Hair {Hair Care}

4. Chenyze says

This is truly the first time I’ve read of anyone eating the skin of the kiwi fruit! I doubt that I’d like it even after peeling off the hair. o_O

But perhaps the scooping method would allow you to better dig up the flesh closest to the skin?

5. Destiny7 says

Kiwis are a good source of PQQ, a vitamin like substance that promotes energy and reversal of free radical damage.

hi sesame,
    “long time, no see”… i mean I havent visited your blog for quite a while… am so glad that you have one recent entry about fruits.. as I have just tried a “mostly” fruitarian diet the last 8 weeks.. eat kiwis with mangoes.. the combination is just so heavenly :))

though am not into the fruitarian diet just to lose weight (I wanted to be healthy and have clearer skin).. I could say that one of the perks is that I lost 6 kg of excess weight… and my backne have cleared up.. see my before and after photos here (no back photos though)..

Lanie last post is: Curezone Favorites

• Sesame says

Wow, that’s a drastic reduction and you look good! 8 weeks…no joke. I applaud your perseverance! I would love to do fruits more but they’re just not enough for me.

• says

oh! I just eat fruits for breakfast and lunch.. for dinner I still eat low fat cooked food.

when I say I eat fruits for breakfast.. I eat lots of fruits..e.g. half a watermelon for breakfast, 5 bananas for lunch.. check this out.

(dont be scared of the name of the site.. they wont ask you to eat 30 bananas a day hehehe)!! …
        Lanie last post is: Review: Fruit Home Delivery by KSY

• Sesame says

Half a watermelon? Woah…that’s too much for me. And haha…30 bananas! I can hardly do one per day.

Too bad I hate kiwi. I could use all the help I can get with all my skin issues.
    I can’t believe people actually eat the hairy bit.
    Agnes last post is: Wat is Rosacea

Jyoan,
    trying blending kiwi with bananas and dates…
    For those who dont like the sour taste, like me, you can hide the sourness with sweet fruits…blend them together
    try my “Pinoy Datorade” recipe… a play of words “Gatorade” ==> natural energy drink made up of “Dates” predominantly ==> thats why its called “Datorade”.. bananas, dates, and kiwi => you can add some greens if you like (I add moringga and sweet potato leaves)… or just bananas, dates and kiwi on its own.. tastes heavenly!
    Lanie last post is: Pinoy Datorade (Malunggay, Camote Tops Banana & Dates Smoothie)

I just ate my first kiwi today and I am in love. I have eaten kiwi flavored things like strawberry-kiwi yogurt, but the sight of the kiwi itself just turned me off. I guess it is true you should never judge a book by its cover…or a fruit by its skin because the kiwi was surprisingly delicious!!!

I am now going to make them a part of my weekly shopping trips and it is good to know that it is so good for beauty as well.
    Aurora The Diva last post is: Check Out Plato’s Closet

1. [...] 以前我就知道奇异果中有很多维生素C,能抗氧化。而Viva Women最近指出,奇异果中还含有维生素A、维生素E、甚至还有Omega 3(鱼油中含有的成分)。这些名字花哨的成分,都是护肤的天然极品,能抗击皮肤游离基、抑制细纹、增强皮肤再生功能。 [...]