Less of a hobbit with these chunky heels?

platform chunky heels Less of a hobbit with these chunky heels?

I’ll let you in on my fashion secrets. I hardly venture into the shoe department or stores and I have very limited footwear. Apart from sandals, I don’t have nice fashion shoes. Well, I hardly buy them because I rarely wear them. And I hate stilettos. They’re too filmsy and make me feel wobbly.

So when I wanted to get a pair of brand new heels, I chose these chunky heels with platforms instead. I don’t care if they’re in fashion or out of style; at least I know I’m not about to fumble and fall anytime walking in these. They’re 4 inches tall but they’re so comfy and I can certainly make a dash in them!

Anyway, my husband took a look at these and rolled his eyes. He’s always rolling his eyes about my fashion choices – and that’ll make another story next time. But at least, my son loves them and said that I look like an adult with these. HA. Should I be happy with that remark since it implies that I’m actually looking like a hobbit without them?

vivawoman1 Less of a hobbit with these chunky heels? © www.vivawoman.net copyright notice

Comments

No, they’re not very heavy. Maybe heavier than the usual, but probably that’s why they’re more stable. :)

1. Losangtsomo says

Well, I love it. We can be fashionable and yet at the same time protect our legs. Where did you get these shoes? I am interested as well.

i have limited footwear too because it’s hard to find something that’s comfortable and fits my feet.

I like chunky heels too! Because I’m short i need something to compensate my height. But nowadays it’s mostly skinny heels i don’t think i can balance in them!

3. Fabiola says

I also have a very limited number of shoes. I love summer. It’s the only time of the year that I can wear my Fitflops and Havaianas and let my feet “breathe” :-D.

I DON’T wear shoes. They’re uncomfortable and like Fabiola, I, too, like my feet to breathe. I’m fortunate to live in Hawaii, where I can wear sandals to work!

I absolutely hate buying shoes as well. I am awfully practical. And I feel the same about stilettos as you do. Comfy heels that look good are just so hard to find in Singapore.

I actually agree with you about this pair that you bought. It may not be the most bling shoes on the market, but as a mother, practicality rides over killer heels.

I LOVE chunky heels as well. I just saw that the exact same physical design as yours is actually in fashion on Cleo. But the pretty designs are still limited to Chanel. Hopefully better designs for chunky heels will hit mass market soon.

PS: I really swear by Havaianas when I want to give my feet a break too!

I can’t justify spending a lot on my feet unless I wear them often. I’ll invest in comfy, good working shoes but they look boring. Other than that, it’s mostly sandals and flipflops for me.

LOL. I would so choose these over them skinny heels any day. I actually like how comfotable chunky heels are as oppose to the skinny ones. My toes are always sore at the end of the day!

7. Suz says

They are wicked nice I would love those in 2 inches though!! XD I get scared walking in high high ones like those!

I used to wear such high heels to work. But of course, I didn’t have to walk around a lot. These days, it’s also 2 inches for my working footwear. Otherwise, I’ll get a sore back!

8. nora says

Love those platform shoes!
    As fo me, I have problems getting pretty shoes ‘cos of my shoe size – 9. Sometimes, the ones that I like don’t come in my size & I ends up getting an ugly design if I’m in need for new shoes!
    I have to get European brands like Clarks or Scholl which caters my size. Two years back when I was in Gold Coast, I bought 2 pairs of shoes. Just this year, I bought these cool boots which fits perfectly like a glove. The prices are at times much cheaper or sometimes similar like the ones here.

It’s always a relief to be able to get good shoes that fit well. Sometimes they do cost more, but if they give us comfort and are function, then it’s justifiable.

9. pf1123 says

I use to have limited footwear as well. Until I discovered a shop which has a variety of shoe cutting and pretty designs. Not just pointy ones. My feet is rather squarish.

So I found many shoes there, including very comfy lambskin ones. :D

10. amai says

well from looking through shoe stores recently chunky heels are making somewhat of a comeback so we can b comfy and stylish at the same time. topshop.com have some great wooden styles very retro which i like. and i think u should wear wat u want nothin looks worse than someone uncomfortable in wat they have on